Which COMPANIES have the most useless slogans?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelper

Old Salt
Reaction score
Have you noticed how many companies have taglines, mottos or slogans which mean nothing? Many don't even constitute a proper sentence. They promise nothing.

Lloyds Bank - 'by your side' really annoys me.
Boots - 'let's feel good' is that aimed at the customers or the shareholders?
Volvo - 'for life' is that a warranty promise? of course not!

got any more?

Like lots of things in life these slogans have become a simple promotional tactic. Many are also contradictory. Statements like “good food at low prices” are a good example - is it low prices OR good food, what’s the strategy? Imagine you work for this company and you’re developing a new product. Are you going to buy a wide range of high quality ingredients or go for fewer and cheaper ingredients?

Last edited:
When I was at Coca Cola/Schweppes we had a solan "Fire on the Uprole". Never knew what it meant.

What really gets my goat is when companies state "Up to 100% successful/effective," etc...
So, it follows that it could be as little as 1%...

I know it's not a company thing but I heard it from the mouth of devils....
There is no evidence that Corona virus can survive on parcels and letters...
No...that's because it's not been tested...but it survives on every other known surface to man... especially beer glasses...

What really gets my goat is when companies state "Up to 100% successful/effective," etc...
So, it follows that it could be as little as 1%...

Or they state something like 90% agree that blah blah blah. Then when you look at how many they surveyed in the text on an advert, it's some ridiculous figure like 57 people.

Latest posts

Back