Which hops do i need for a grapefuity flavour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder is they are not differentiating between country of origin, now that it is being grown commercially in the US, UK and Europe?
You may well be right. :thumb:
My first reaction with the CML 5.1% Cascade was that they had got it wrong but they assured me they hadn't. To my uneducated taste they were more like Styrian Goldings (which I also use) than the other Cascade hops I have used.
Anyway I will go for US labelled Cascade hops from now on if offered any choice, based on a pure guess that they will be citrus rather than something else.

I grew some cascade here in sun drenched west wales last year. I don't know what the alpha acid % was of course but they produced a distinct grapefruit flavour in an IPA I made using them as the 0 minute addition.

I grew some cascade here in sun drenched west wales last year. I don't know what the alpha acid % was of course but they produced a distinct grapefruit flavour in an IPA I made using them as the 0 minute addition.
Looking at the Simplyhops site they have the following hop descriptions.

English Cascade T90 - Citrus peel, orange, tangerine, floral.
US, German and Australian Cascade T90 - Floral, Citrus, Grapefruit.
Australian Cascade T90 - Floral, Citrus, Fruity

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back