Which is the best merlot wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, how long do you generally leave the wine to mature? The instructions I got with mine says technically they are ready to drink once bottled but get better with age. What's your take on that?
Fine straight away but probably a bit better after a couple of weeks. Six months later I think it's just the same. Lash into it.:beer1:
The two Beaverdale kits we have tried and stuck to are very smooth and easy to drink. Some may prefer a more acidic wine but not us.
athumb..

I make a lot of wine and provide a lot to friends who are mainly red wine drinkers.
My go to for Merlot is California Connoisseur. Drinks well young if needed but also matures nicely and should be perfect for Christmas. My personal favourite red for maturing is the Beaverdale Cabernet/Shiraz which is a little more rounded and has a little more depth of flavour. Both of these come in at just under the £40 mark which for me is the sweet spot for reds. £30 is my sweet spot for whites and rose.
Hope that helps and remember it is all down to personal taste in the end. Enjoy
Nice to read that after going to the homebrew shop for malt and coming back with a CC merlot wine kit impulse buy - I’ve not made a wine kit before so I’m glad I picked a good one.

If you find a nice red kit its worth sticking with it.

Reds seem to be more problematic to manufacture than white or rose,And this is reflected in members comments.

I was given a California Connoisseur Kit for Christmas, Merlot I think. Can I just ask, does anyone know if it needs sugar added?

I’ve read the instructions and I’m not seeing a mention of any but usually wine kits ask for some right?

I was given a California Connoisseur Kit for Christmas, Merlot I think. Can I just ask, does anyone know if it needs sugar added?

I’ve read the instructions and I’m not seeing a mention of any but usually wine kits ask for some right?

No it doesn't need extra sugar.

Back