Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paltoon
Rocky ( I used to shadow box after watching it )
It's not a film but the first season of ture defective with woody Harrison and Matthew MC conaughey. Probably the best I have seen. Two great actor's

Zombeavers and Dead Snow, however that was after ID and Shaun of the dead. Had some mates around.

We have had A Quiet Place on our planner for ages. Finally watched it last night, I really liked it, mrs isn't a big fan of scary stuff and thought the ending was poor. I thought it had a very good premise, tense, will check out the sequel next year. Before that we watched Joker, which I could see the brilliance of in one way but wasn't a particularly enjoyable watch in another.

Before that we watched Joker, which I could see the brilliance of in one way but wasn't a particularly enjoyable watch in another.

Completely agree with this. It's brilliant and Phoenix is outstanding in it but I wouldn't watch it again in a hurry. An origins movie about the joker was never going to be a barrel of laughs but it's bleak beyond belief. I'm a big fan of the Nolan Batman trilogy and personally feel that his vision of the Joker and Ledger's performance is still king.

Palm Springs and I absolutely loved it. Red Letter can for once choke on my cock (Mike, I'd never do that to Jay). I really adored it. I had goosebumps of happiness at the end++. If you like Happy Death Day then it's more joyous and uplifting than that - it's a faux-nihlist rom-com** that really worked for me.

If you like it then check out Forever - the series with Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen. It's got a borderline Wes Anderson vibe and a soundtrack that is absolutely killer. It's kinda like The Good Place but with less good. It's the sort of thing you can show to someone to test if you can really be friends.

As much as these shows are about the dead they're not for the already dead inside that The Snug used to be a wasteland for. If you've still got an ember of joy inside you then these might just blow across the coals and make you feel something.

** unlike others in the genre.

Last edited:
Back