Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah - just looked this up. Apparently the cinematic and Hulu streamed version has
After the fade to back he wakes again as before and says ‘OK, a$$hole, just don’t die this time’ and in a voice over says ‘piece of cake’ -
which makes a whole lot more sense.
Definitely better but why would they not have that ending on amazon prime. 🤔

Just watched Cruella on Disney plus. Absolutely brilliant. Emma Stone is fantastic. Very high quality and well thought out origins story in a similar vein to some of the marvel/DC stuff. Surprisingly adult themes in parts too so not one for the younger kids. Great soundtrack too.

We watched “Queenpins” on Amazon Prime at the weekend. It’s about 2 women obsessed with coupons who start an illegal business selling coupons online.

Loaded with plot holes, but an enjoyable watch with a couple of laugh out loud funny bits. Good chemistry between Vince Vaughan’s character and the supermarket chain’s loss adjuster guy as well.

If you are after a good documentary on Amazon Prime, Lula Rich is great

Sat down with our daughters to watch Gregory's Girl last night.
Lets just say it doesn't stand up to to today's ' me too ' climate.
Makes you realise how attitudes have changed, uncomfortable watching the pervy teachers and general all round lechery - boys included.
Hard explaining to my girls what it was like in the 80's, that said there are a few light hearted moments of comic relief but more interesting as a piece of social comparison of our times.

Re Gregory's Girl:
I always thought the funniest (and most potent part ) of the whole story , is that it's the girls who are really in charge clapa

"Winter on Fire". It's a Netflix documentary film about the Ukrainian struggle in 2014 to overthrow the Pro Russian President of the time. Brutal footage but worth watching if you're following current events. Brave people wanting to be free from Russian influence.

A colleague was talking a few days ago about a film from 1984 called Threads, he recommended it to watch. Disturbing, harrowing but a good piece that came across very powerfully.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-185625_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-185625_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 13
The Harder They Fall is amazing. I could (and have) just watched it for just the eye candy and the music. It's a cowboy film that's not really a cowboy film, it just happens to be set in the West. Beautiful movie with a gripping story for a bonus.
PS currently available on Netflix.

Watched 'Unbelievable' on Netflix with Sandra Bullock..very good film. Shows how good Sandra Bullock at different acting styles

Watched Dune a few days ago. Very good compared to the **** one with Sting in it. Reading the book again now as it's about 40 years since I last read it. It's got a lot more stuff in it than the movie.

Latest posts

Back