Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night we watched The Vast Of Night on Amazon. An unusual little film and definitely not for everyone but I really enjoyed it. Really beautifully shot with some technically impressive long takes, nice atmospheric tension building, and great acting. Not a lot of action, very dialogue heavy, but if you don't mind that sort of film then definitely worth a watch.

Also there are a few great movies on TV tonight, Blade Runner 2049 on ITV2, Three Billboards on Channel 4, anf Pacific Rim on Sky 1 (a guilty pleasure movie). Spoilt for choice tonight!

Red Letter Media's latest episode is about that - I had to stop when it got to spoilers because I want to watch it. I think I'll give Aquaslash a go, too.

Yep I watched it on their recommendation. I can't tell you how much I love RLM, without a doubt my favourite YouTube channel. It's like Christmas for me when I see a new Best of the Worst episode.

I can't tell you how much I love RLM
When I posted that I was wondering if it would introduce them to somebody new and they could also find out that every film and tv show ever made is ripped off from episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation.

N6D2qN5.gif

Juan of the Dead. After a few minutes I thought this is exactly the sort of film I love, and that continued up until half way.

It looked as if it might turn into the zombie version of Ghostbusters - can you imagine that?

And then it seemed like the writer did a bunk and nothing else happened and it took all the potential and became utterly unsatisfying.

If you're looking for something fantastic watch One Cut of the Dead. We almost gave up in the first 25 minutes but then boom. Amazing.

I loved The Hunt. It does the idea a lot better than similar films. Ready or Not was ok and had a slight Cabin in the Woods vibe but I liked The Hunt a lot more.

I watched Cabin in the Woods with my mate and it was meaningless to him. He doesn't have the back catalogue of films you need to really love it so just throught it was ok.

I watched the new version of IT the other night, I've never seen the original but I thought this new version good. I also liked the Vast of the Night.

If you're looking for something fantastic watch One Cut of the Dead. We almost gave up in the first 25 minutes but then boom. Amazing.
I loved One Cut of the Dead! Funny, clever, a brilliant technical achievement and all shot on a shoestring budget.

If you're OK with Japanese cinema I'd recommend "Audition" if you haven't already seen it. Don't read anything about it first, and stick with it as it's not what you think it's going to be.

I loved One Cut of the Dead! Funny, clever, a brilliant technical achievement and all shot on a shoestring budget.

If you're OK with Japanese cinema I'd recommend "Audition" if you haven't already seen it. Don't read anything about it first, and stick with it as it's not what you think it's going to be.
If you like that, give Visitor Q a watch. Takashi Miike has made some great films.

VHYes - this is not for you. I can say that with pffft, 95% confidence. It left me smiling and uplifted.

I rewatched two movies at the weekend, both immensely enjoyable but for very different reasons. First up was Burn After Reading , another Coen brothers masterpiece. If Seinfeld was a show about nothing then this is very much a movie about nothing. I just love the sense of confusion, mix up, and pointlessness that runs through it, and the fact that pretty much everyone in it is a horrible person. Amazing and hilarious performances from Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and John Malkovich, and right up there with The Big Lebowski as one of my favourite Coen bros movies.

Next up there was a slight dip in quality as I watched Masters Of The Universe. I grew up watching this movie so it's a bit of a nostalgia trip for me and definitely a guilty pleasure. Silly, cheesy, and goofy but Frank Langella and Mr Strickland from Back to the Future make this movie. Great fun.

Oh I LOVED Masters of the Universe lol

The final battle is awesome. Totally know all the words to that bit lol. And the beginning sequence.

Courtney Cox in a cowboy hat, hilarious. That dude from Deep Space Nine just slotting his way in there, probably his first movie lol

Also, the array of multi species totally inept bad guys is great as well

I have just read, 'A man called Ove' a Sweedish book translated, my wife is currently reading it and we will be watching it on Youtube ($4.50 rental) when she has finished reading the book.

Back