Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I LOVED Masters of the Universe lol

The final battle is awesome. Totally know all the words to that bit lol. And the beginning sequence.

Courtney Cox in a cowboy hat, hilarious. That dude from Deep Space Nine just slotting his way in there, probably his first movie lol

Also, the array of multi species totally inept bad guys is great as well
Although the whole thing is a bit silly, there was some genuine effort put into the production design, at least as far as the budget allowed, and Frank Langella's monologue before the final battle is genuinely great!

During lockdown boredom, I have taken up looking through 123 pirated movies for films with the lowest IMDB ratings to watch while I waste time playing online games. (Because there is nothing on the TV)
Most of the time they really are awful,
But there have been some amusingly awful ones too.

I rewatched two movies at the weekend, both immensely enjoyable but for very different reasons. First up was Burn After Reading , another Coen brothers masterpiece. If Seinfeld was a show about nothing then this is very much a movie about nothing. I just love the sense of confusion, mix up, and pointlessness that runs through it, and the fact that pretty much everyone in it is a horrible person. Amazing and hilarious performances from Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and John Malkovich, and right up there with The Big Lebowski as one of my favourite Coen bros movies.

Next up there was a slight dip in quality as I watched Masters Of The Universe. I grew up watching this movie so it's a bit of a nostalgia trip for me and definitely a guilty pleasure. Silly, cheesy, and goofy but Frank Langella and Mr Strickland from Back to the Future make this movie. Great fun.
Funny I love those two lebowski probably being my all time favorite. Although I really enjoyed No Country almost as much but I am a huge Cormac Mccarthy fan.

Not a movie per se, but a travel documentary I came across on Amazon Prime Video. The Yukon Assignment, about a father and son who canoe down the Yukon river. Very good.

Funny I love those two lebowski probably being my all time favorite. Although I really enjoyed No Country almost as much but I am a huge Cormac Mccarthy fan.
Actually I forgot about No Country, probably in my top 5 movies though!

Watched a couple of old James Cagney classics the other day: Frisco Kid and The Roaring Twenties.

There's a Russian site I found that has loads of old films on it. OK.RU

During lockdown boredom, I have taken up looking through 123 pirated movies for films with the lowest IMDB ratings to watch while I waste time playing online games. (Because there is nothing on the TV)
Most of the time they really are awful,
But there have been some amusingly awful ones too.

Try Zombeavers

I never noticed him...which one was he?
Was he in one of the Indiana Jones films and Transformers?

Yes he’s the kid in Indiana Jones 4.

In Fury he’s the slightly mad preacher guy in the tank

It was the youngest they named "machine" at the end when drinking in the tank didn't die...he went out the bottom hatch and the young SS soldier looked under and let him escape..I think!

It was the youngest they named "machine" at the end when drinking in the tank didn't die...he went out the bottom hatch and the young SS soldier looked under and let him escape..I think!
You're right, my memory of the end of that film is all wrong!

🙄 Spoiler alert aye. 😂

Latest posts

Back