Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I've talked about it before, and although I have a long list of new films to watch, I rewatched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing tonight.

What. A. Movie.

Martin McDonagh is a brilliant writer and director, and he just has a mastery over tone. The way his movies constantly swing back and forward between being really funny and hitting you in the feels, without losing the overall tone is incredible. Check this one out for sure, and while your at it, his other two movies, Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges.

Just watched The Gentleman(new guy Ritchie film). Now since lock stock and snatch I have been pretty disappointed with his efforts. This on the other hand was great. Hugh Grant was funny, and best of all ( as I have been addicted to Sons of Anarchy) Jax Teller in a Guy Ritchie film... hilarious 🤣in a good way👍
I've watched it twice and really enjoyed it.

Can't find "what series have you watched" so - yes, The Boys is soooo good. There was a tiny bit that was predictable that made me wince a bit but overall just so wow. It's amazing having a character that's so nuts getting out nutsed.

Urghhh. "Raised By Wolves" It's a show that develops in ways I never could have imagined and then you're thinking please don't expand any further! And it does. And it bursts. It goes full Prometheus and craps on itself so hard that I can't recommend it to anyone.

Mentioned it before but I know somebody that produced a documentary film called "Last Breath" which is superb. Don't look up anything on it - just watch.

Last edited:
Urghhh. "Raised By Wolves" It's a show that develops in ways I never could have imagined and then you're thinking please expand any further! And it does. And it bursts. It goes full Prometheus and craps on itself so hard that I can't recommend it to anyone.

Arrgh, dammit! I've been looking forward to watching the exploits of 'Mother'
Me much sad asad1

It was to be my winter series 'goto' I'll still give it a go, just in case....

I'll still give it a go, just in case....
And you'll start to love it in ways you can't imagine. I'd think about it with glazed eyes and a smile, and an almost smitten dreamyness. You'll be seduced by this beautiful thing and it'll get you into the bedroom and it'll be like finding that the duvet cover has a great big picture of XXX on it and the pillow cases are full of cats' heads.

XXX can be whatever totally crushes your morale. For me be anything religious or an "I Love Pressure Barrels and Not Hydrating Yeast" embroidery.

Just watched Peanut Butter Falcon. Very unusual buddy movie about a redneck and a young bloke with Down's syndrome on a quest to get to a wrestling school. It's great, highly recommended.

Just watched The Gentleman(new guy Ritchie film). Now since lock stock and snatch I have been pretty disappointed with his efforts. This on the other hand was great. Hugh Grant was funny, and best of all ( as I have been addicted to Sons of Anarchy) Jax Teller in a Guy Ritchie film... hilarious 🤣in a good way👍
Watched this last night and it was pretty good. It's no Lock Stock or Snatch but as you say it's considerably better than most of the recent **** he's put out. Colin Farrell was great, I think he's rather underrated as a comic actor.

Watched this last night and it was pretty good. It's no Lock Stock or Snatch but as you say it's considerably better than most of the recent **** he's put out. Colin Farrell was great, I think he's rather underrated as a comic actor.
Agreed about Farrell 👍he was good in 'In Bruges'

Just watched Peanut Butter Falcon. Very unusual buddy movie about a redneck and a young bloke with Down's syndrome on a quest to get to a wrestling school. It's great, highly recommended.

watched that a while ago, I thought it was excellent. Possibly one of Shia LeBouef’s best performances

Back