Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the midnight sky.
thought clooney was rather good in it.
also made me regret shaving my 4 month beard off a few days ago.

National Lampoon's Christmas vacation was watched last night by the ladies and myself and thoroughly enjoyed the hilarious comedy and what can go wrong will go wrong and no CGI..
The Bourne series I could watch over and over though never look at director's or writers as I just watch.

Shadows in the Cloud - man alive it's a stinker. It was clearly filmed in a biscuit tin somebody had sloshed a bit of green-screen paint around in, which you can deal with because sometimes that works, but then you've got Chloe Moretz delivering lines like she's the one helping someone else do a readthrough of the script. Her acting diversity goes from pulling the face you do when putting on maskara to pulling the face you do when putting on maskara.

Got a nice bit of Synthwave in it that fits with the world war 2 bomber setting just like you'd expect.

Aaaanyway, if we were still doing film club this would be a great one to put on to be annoying. I'd be looking out of the side of my eye waiting for Sam to give me a dead leg. It's not absolute **** like Greenland, it's just eye-rolling **** which is a lot more acceptable.

Last edited:
Just watched Young Adult with Charlize Theron. Fom 2011, but not dated at all. Really enjoyed it. She plays the vulnerable, lovable, absolutely heartless bitch really well.

Has anyone watched a film called 'kajaki'?
Its not a hollywood blockbuster but it kept me on the edge of my seat peeping through my fingers with gritted teeth, and its a true story!
I finally got round to watching this. Bloody hell you weren't joking, that was the most anxiety inducing film I think I've ever seen. The tension is almost unbearable, we could barely watch it. Absolutely loved it though, and some outstanding acting from a bunch of unknown actors!

Have managed a few recently.

The vanishing (1988)
This is the original Dutch/French language version as opposed the disastrous remake in 1993 starring Jeff Bridges (interestingly it's the same director). Creepy and disturbing yet (apparently) granted a PG certificate initially, it's a must watch for those who like films that make you feel uncomfortable.

Parasite
I enjoyed the film a lot at the time but couldn't quite see that it was Oscar-worthy. But then it stayed with me over the following few days (parasitically) and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's a really well-crafted film.

Tenet
I'm a total Nolan fan so this was right up my street. His editing and pacing are sometimes a bit off but I just love the scale of the stories. Stood up well despite the absence of Jonathan Nolan doing the writing.

Le Mans '66
Great story, great cinematography and great cars. It was great.

Fantastic beasts and where to find them
Watched with the kids and had a great time.

I've added Kajaki to the watchlist based on the recent recommendations here.

I finally got round to watching this.
Nice one Steve, I'm glad you watched it, you sum it up perfectly. When I just read your post I got the same goosebumps as when I was watching the film, the effect is still that intense after all this time.I still couldn't put into words the emotions you go through watching it.! ashock1:oops:o_O

Watched JoJo Rabbit at the weekend. Brilliant subversive comedy drama about a young boy joining Hitler youth. Written and directed by Taika Waititi who also plays Hitler in it. Fantastic cast, great story, loads of laughs but harrowing and heart warming at the same time. Fantastic stuff.

Case 39 on Netflix is a good movie,
Lovejoy sure has changed.

Watched JoJo Rabbit at the weekend. Brilliant subversive comedy drama about a young boy joining Hitler youth. Written and directed by Taika Waititi who also plays Hitler in it. Fantastic cast, great story, loads of laughs but harrowing and heart warming at the same time. Fantastic stuff.
If you like that check out 'What we do in the shadows'
A lot of fun

Latest posts

Back