Which Vaccine? [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Side effects -

• AstraZeneca - No side effects

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • AstraZeneca - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • AstraZeneca - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - No side effects

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - No side effects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderna - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had the AstraZeneca jab over 24 hours ago and i haven't yet felt any side effects (fingers crossed i wont) ass some members have reported they have had mild and quite serious side effects i thought it worth finding out which vaccine you had and how bad the side effects were if you had any.
I have listed these as they seem to be the ones most of us have had.

AstraZeneca

BioNTech/Pfizer’

Moderna

I got the astrazeneca last Friday morning. Woke up on Saturday with a very sore arm. Was painful to touch it do anything with it. Later that day got aching joints and fatigue. Went to bed early on Saturday night and got a good sleep and woke up on the morning feeling ok but still had the sore arm

Had the AZ 3 weeks ago 12hrs later I had quite strong flue symptoms. Freezing cold, shivers full body joint pain and mild headache. Lasted 6 hrs. Following morning just felt a little washed out and still a mild headache. That lasted another 12 hrs.
I’ve heard they most get symptoms on the first AZ jab, but nothing on the second.
The other way round with the Pfizer.

Had the AZ 3 weeks ago 12hrs later I had quite strong flue symptoms. Freezing cold, shivers full body joint pain and mild headache. Lasted 6 hrs. Following morning just felt a little washed out and still a mild headache. That lasted another 12 hrs.
I’ve heard they most get symptoms on the first AZ jab, but nothing on the second.
The other way round with the Pfizer.

Had my Astra jab last Saturday....followed by exactly the same symptoms for exactly the same time scale.

Had my first AZ almost two weeks ago, as did my wife. Could just about feel a little sensitivity around the jab site for the next day. My wife was feeling her jab site pain for days but I don't think it was bad.

She also claims it is making her go wrinkly and has made her bum fat. I of course agree. It was never like that before. 😂

Could do with another category in between the wiped out and mild. I did feel cr@p for a couple of days but wouldn't say I was wiped out, although I didn't quite carry on as normal either.
Might make the poll a bit confusing though so just ignore me 😂

Cheers Tom

I was interested to see if those that had tested positive for Covid have had different symptoms to those that didn’t.
I have a theory that those that had Covid are getting less/milder symptoms than those that didn’t.

Could do with another category in between the wiped out and mild. I did feel cr@p for a couple of days but wouldn't say I was wiped out, although I didn't quite carry on as normal either.
Might make the poll a bit confusing though so just ignore me 😂

Cheers Tom
Totally agree Tom, I didn't feel wiped out, had aches and a very tender arm pit and felt a little Fatigued. Went walking two days after and felt okayish on the third day after.

totally zapped for 24 hours a day after after my jab on sunday (monday I was a zombie). but managed a 32 mile cycle today so guess you can say i'm fully recovered.

I had AstraZeneca next day no energy at all, didn't feel bad in any way just no energy this was gone the next day. I could feel where I had the jab for a few days but only when I tried to.

Had the AZ two weeks ago today. Slight fatique following afternoon, the two following days, I felt tenderness, slight swelling and reddening around the injection site. Carried on as normal.

Me and the wife had our jabs last Sunday morning at the Lincoln show ground , apparently it was the Oxford strain , wife’s been fine apart from a sore arm me not so good, felt a bit off on Sunday night , Monday Tuesday Wednesday , totally wiped out , even my nails hurt , was just like having full blown flu , got up Thursday like nothing had happened totally fine, not looking forward to my second one in june 😳

Me and the wife had our jabs last Sunday morning at the Lincoln show ground , apparently it was the Oxford strain , wife’s been fine apart from a sore arm me not so good, felt a bit off on Sunday night , Monday Tuesday Wednesday , totally wiped out , even my nails hurt , was just like having full blown flu , got up Thursday like nothing had happened totally fine, not looking forward to my second one in june 😳

Had my 2nd AZ dose yesterday and was expecting the flu symptoms to kick in overnight like they did after jab 1.
Happy to report, nothing developed and the only sign is slight tenderness around the injection site.
Happy bunny

Cheers Tom

AstraZeneca: my wife had sore arm, I had an overnight headache.
Pfizer: my 91 year old Mum had no side effects at all, my daughter had very upset stomach.

I had the AZ 5 weeks ago on Saturday afternoon. Woke up a few times that night either hot or cold. Managed a full brew day on the Sunday but got a cracking headache mid afternoon which lasted until bed time. Woke up fine on the Monday.

The boss and I both had the AZ jab.
Both of us suffered from ‘feeling a bit naff’ for a couple of days, no more than the effect from a flu jab sometimes.

Latest posts

Back