Which Vaccine? [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Side effects -

• AstraZeneca - No side effects

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • AstraZeneca - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • AstraZeneca - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - No side effects

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - No side effects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderna - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AZ today (9am ish)

Feel pretty grotty now, but nothing hard core, just my joints ache and I've got a mild headache. It's funny, I feel like I've seriously overdone it exercising, lol.

You may get a mild dose of the shivers or sweats but it's nothing major and you shouldn't have any reaction to your 2nd jab. The first is the one people tend to react to 👍

Cheers Tom

2 nd Pfizer on 14/4 heart attack 18/4 just saying !

Last edited:
Second A-Z yesterday morning circa 9am. Felt great at 10am, but decided to have a sleep 11am to 1pm - not really voluntarily. Also felt very cold for that period.
After that, fine. Made beer today!

I agree i would have taken any vaccine offered and ended up with the AZ the risk at my age of getting Covid far outweighed the risk from getting the vaccine and i say that know knowing there has been a link to brain tumours from the AZ vaccine, at 30 cases in 18 million i am not going to stress about it.

Not brain tumours, but cavernous sinus thrombosis (an unusual type of stroke). From memory, the figures are 7 cases in 18 million after 1st vaccine doses compared to an expected incidence of 4 cases in an unselected sample of 18 million people. That means the vaccine cases may just be random variation and are not indicating a cause and effect. The unusual thing is that the thrombosis happened in the presence of a low platelet count, and that can happen with other medications, most notably heparin, but that is also very rare.
ive been rather busy in my own specialty this last couple of weeks so I’m not completely up to date. What I can say is these thrombotic events are very rare, meanwhile COVID is everywhere and is still capable killing a significant proportion of people it infects.

AZ today (9am ish)

Feel pretty grotty now, but nothing hard core, just my joints ache and I've got a mild headache. It's funny, I feel like I've seriously overdone it exercising, lol.

Had az yesterday apart from a **** night sleep I feel fine just couldn't sleep.

But I get what you mean this morning I felt like I do when I have a long run out go a bit too hard working out. That's about it I feel fine so far

But I get what you mean this morning I felt like I do when I have a long run out go a bit too hard working out. That's about it I feel fine so far
Yep, I had a **** nights sleep after mine; I felt grotty the next day but I'm not sure if that wasn't just down to lack of sleep rather than specifically due to side effects, if you see what I mean.

Overall, it was fairly plain sailing and well worth it.

Latest posts

Back