White wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK thanks I will get them in next week and give it a go so 4 litres of juice in total topped up with litre of water thanks
I used pomegranate juice in one and found it had a medicinal taste I couldn't put my finger on. Like strepsils or a cough syrup. Drank it but wouldn't make it again! Might've just been psychosomatic like some people think coriander tastes soapy cause it's an ingredient in some soaps and shampoos.
Also think chippy tea is being overly polite, he as directed you to multiple links with literally thousands of supermarket juice recipes!

I'm making a red with Garffen's concentrated red grape juice. £12 for a litre but it makes 4L once diluted. They do a white too but only in large quantities. They make a powder - 1kg is enough to make 23 litres of wine - worth a try? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grape-Po...s-Natural-No-Artificial-Additives/28211958689
Hi Kelper the link u posted couldn't find anything but I found this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grape-Po...586893?hash=item41afa3444d:g:M6AAAOSwaR9aaBhi
No reviews so don't know about quality but includes yeast and nutrient for 23l at just shy of £16

I used pomegranate juice in one and found it had a medicinal taste I couldn't put my finger on. Like strepsils or a cough syrup. Drank it but wouldn't make it again! Might've just been psychosomatic like some people think coriander tastes soapy cause it's an ingredient in some soaps and shampoos.
Also think chippy tea is being overly polite, he as directed you to multiple links with literally thousands of supermarket juice recipes!
I'm just asking for advice as I'm new to this isn't this what Forums are for

Yes u are right, I'm not trying to be rude and apologise if you feel that way but if u scroll back through the thread youll see chippy has repeated himself a few times and you've not taken the hint. I myself have fallen foul of the same thing on this forum in an eagerness to brew.

Yes and I followed what he has said and done a rosa but I did one a few weeks ago with 4litres of juice and wasted my money so like I say I'm new and just making sure

Please don't get upset. Everyone on this forum started somewhere and I think you might have misinterpreted honest advice, Your questions are not new or unique and members are trying to help when they point you at existing advice. I know how hard it is to find info when you have just joined a forum.

But from now on I will not bother asking for advice

That would be a shame, he is not having a go at you he is just pointing out you never acknowledged the many linls to the supermarket juice recipe thread so we don't know if you read it.

Hi Scotty. I've got all of these powdered grape. I wouldn't recommend it. I'll send you a 100grm, enough to make a gallon to try it if you like.
Thanks for the offer but I'll take your word for it! I've held off myself because I couldn't decide whether to take the plunge! My homebrew time is at a particular premium with the kids being home all the time. I've made some rose wine recently with old yeast and it's really sweet, I didn't check the FG cause I had kids wanting to get involved. It'd been left a month so I just took it as done and I'm really ****** with myself.

In regards white wine I was pretty happy with tinned peaches in grape juice blended and AJ. I'm just gonna make a bigger batch and add some grapefruit juice and or pineapple juice to give a bit of sharpness. As soon as I get some fresh yeast.

Back