Who’s into their hot and cold smoking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed this thread. I do a reasonable amount of low and slow smoking on my water smoker (Weber Smokey mountain). Mostly pulled pork, the odd Brisket and some ribs. I do have plans for Turkey/fish/lamb shoulder, just haven't got round to it yet.

........ Mostly pulled pork, the odd Brisket and some ribs. I do have plans for Turkey/fish/lamb shoulder, just haven't got round to it yet.

May I recommend this gadget as a suitable Cold Smoker for the above ...

I use mine (with a larger smoke chamber) throughout the winter when it's just too cold and miserable to go outside.

When it comes to meat that needs "long and slow" I cold smoke the meat an hour or so first and then put it in an old fashioned self-basting tin and allow it to roast in the kitchen oven for five or six hours.

BTW, even SWMBO doesn't complain that the kitchen smells like a smoke-shed IF the basting-tin is completely wrapped in aluminium foil before starting the cooking; and then allowed to cool before unwrapping.

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back