Who remembers and used.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using the BBC micro computer in school to control the robot turtle. Still even remember the commands to make it move 🤷‍♂️

bbc.jpeg

turtle2.jpg

Using the BBC micro computer in school to control the robot turtle. Still even remember the commands to make it move 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 56823
View attachment 56824
BBC Model B. A legendary bit of kit, which had an optional second processor almost as large as the unit above. Look at that slot just to the left of the keyboard it's for EPROMs, which are the paleolithic precursor of the USB flash drive. Trying to make a viable EPROM was a nightmare, but when they worked they were miles better than trying to load a piece of software from an audio cassette. Of course, if Vroomfondel and Majikthise had had their way, none of this would have evolved to plague us as it does today!

I remember my dad bringing a bbc micro home in the very early 80's, then a couple of years later acornsoft released Elite....the best thing since sliced hovis. athumb..

What did you own or use back in the day that the youth of today wouldn't believe existed if you told them today.

Who remembers these public phones, if i remember right you put your 2p in pressed A dialled the number then when someone answered pressed B.

View attachment 56725
4d in my day!
Dial a disc, press B to get your money back. A new single every Sunday if I remember.

Still on the telephone topic.
Dial 0, operator answers, give the number you are dialling from and the number you want to speak to.
Operator manually connects you.

Chippy Do you remembet radio caroline and the goodies take on it with the underwaters headquarters.
It was considered halarious in my day 😁

There was a similar set up for slot/poker machines but you wrap aluminium foil around the 10p and it clocked up 50p or you would have 50p with a piece of light fishing gut through a drilled hole a kept plunging and it would keep knocking up the credits so I've been told....
Got barred from a local snooker hall (pot black) for filling up the poker machines with bits of lead cut in the shape of 50p’s. Made a nice packet in one day but the owner got a hell of a shock cashing up that night lol

Back