Who wants this guinness microdraught for Christmas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have no doubt that the specially designed cans will only be available from,a limited number of retailers and probably cost twice as much as cans of Guinness from Aldi) and of course when it is inevitably discontinued in a year or so as who exactly is going to buy a £750 for a device that can only dispense Guinness from a specially designed can) you will be left with a £750 piece of worthless metal and plastic.

I actually looked at how much it would cost to get a setup to take a full 11 gallon (88 pint keg) of Guiness and found a company that would do it for £1182 including VAT.

https://tapforcoldbeer.com/product/guinness-home-bar-kit-guinness-1-other-line/
And this can take a second keg of commercial beer, and comes with a full 88 pint keg of Guiness.

They also have a one tap setup for just under £900 including VAT

https://tapforcoldbeer.com/product/guinness-home-bar-kit-lindr-20-k-keg-guinness/
While you would probably still need to throw in another £100 (probably a fair bit less) for the hire of a cylinder of CO2/nitrogen mix it would surely be the preferred option if you know you where actually that obsessed with Guinness as to want a dedicated system for it. As for me on I think I will stick to the pub, for the odd occasion I feel like draught Guinness.

So this is Guinness version of the fizzics beer dispenser, but horribly complicated, using a bespoke can system and 7 times the price.

Honestly who would buy this?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my fizzics draft pour, absolutely love it. Works great on bottles of HB as well as commercial cans and bottles. But why would you spend £750 on a system that can only serve one type of beer?

So this is Guinness version of the fizzics beer dispenser, but horribly complicated, using a bespoke can system and 7 times the price.

Honestly who would buy this?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my fizzics draft pour, absolutely love it. Works great on bottles of HB as well as commercial cans and bottles. But why would you spend £750 on a system that can only serve one type of beer?
I am in for one.

Whoever is behind this seriously needs a checkup from the neck up. You could buy a keg of Guinness and full bar dispense system for what they are asking for a glorified can opener with a tap.

You could buy a keg of Guinness and full bar dispense system for what they are asking for a glorified can opener with a tap.

This is designed for people that don't know that.

Last edited:
You may be able to get a pub standard set up for less, but some of you are forgetting that:

1) This was probably developed to be aimed at small bars and restaurants, but the price is low enough to offer to the domestic market

2) The sort of person who's going to part with £750 for what someone said is basically a can opener probably drinks only Guinness

3) The sort of person who buys this doesn't want to tie up (or doesn't have) the space for a full keg of beer any everything that goes with it

4) I bet it doesn't need cleaning. Or if it does, no more than a flush with water

Why is there so much hate on this forum.

I am ordering two (if they will send the second to Spain).

As above, I don't want a full size Guinness keg, it won't get drank and will take up my taps for homebrew. This will be perfect for the Guinness drinkers that call over. My wife likes a Guinness so will also use it.

As above, I don't want a full size Guinness keg, it won't get drank and will take up my taps for homebrew. This will be perfect for the Guinness drinkers that call over. My wife likes a Guinness so will also use it.
Something wrong with just buying a can of G that has a widget in it? £750 is a lot of money for what is a bit of a novelty item. If money is no object, then go for it. I think if I wanted draught G at home, I'd make a clone recipe and invest in the extra kit that is needed to pour it properly. Guinness are ripping the ar$e out of it ATM. Actually, what's new about that!

Forums tend to attract people who like to think because they have some knowledge of a subject, it makes them superior to the average person in the street who likes, but is not as knowledgeable (and probably doesn't isn't that bothered). Though that's not to say everyone on every forum thinks that way.

Though, to be fair, if you've got room for another tap and gas bottle and a keg, if your wife can get through a keg in three months (I believe that's the shelf life once 'tapped'), you could save youself some money.

On the other hand, if you'd rather not go to the effort and/or be the one who has to clean the lines and the tap, I'll keep quiet!

Forums tend to attract people who like to think because they have some knowledge of a subject, it makes them superior to the average person in the street who likes, but is not as knowledgeable (and probably doesn't isn't that bothered). Though that's not to say everyone on every forum thinks that way.

Though, to be fair, if you've got room for another tap and gas bottle and a keg, if your wife can get through a keg in three months (I believe that's the shelf life once 'tapped'), you could save youself some money.

On the other hand, if you'd rather not go to the effort and/or be the one who has to clean the lines and the tap, I'll keep quiet!
She is not much of a drinker so wouldn't get through a keg

Something wrong with just buying a can of G that has a widget in it? £750 is a lot of money for what is a bit of a novelty item. If money is no object, then go for it. I think if I wanted draught G at home, I'd make a clone recipe and invest in the extra kit that is needed to pour it properly. Guinness are ripping the ar$e out of it ATM. Actually, what's new about that!
Not at all.

Back