Why celebrate 02/06/22?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take that as yes, all I have worked for should go to the state 😂🍻
All you have worked for should be diverted to me and I'll ensure that every last penny is spent on fine ale and you'll be able to rest in you grave happy in the knowledge that your life has not been in vain.
You derserved that.

All you have worked for should be diverted to me and I'll ensure that every last penny is spent on fine ale and you'll be able to rest in you grave happy in the knowledge that your life has not been in vain.
You derserved that.
Unfortunately if I couldn't chose who my estate went to then I couldn't leave it to you ☹️

Are you saying that when I die that all that I have worked for should go to the state and not inherited by who I chose ?

Er …. “Yes!” and why not? You came into the world with nothing and there are no pockets in a shroud!

I'll take that as yes, all I have worked for should go to the state 😂🍻

Ditto to my comment above!

Apparently, within three generations of making their fortune, the Wedgewood family were very derogatory of their factory (the one that employed people at slave wages and created their fortune) and referred to it as “The Pot Shop”!

Which they apparently left to Managers and didn’t even bother to visit.

So, why do you think your own children will behave any differently?
:hat:

Er …. “Yes!” and why not? You came into the world with nothing and there are no pockets in a shroud!

Apparently, within three generations of making their fortune, the Wedgewood family were very derogatory of their factory (the one that employed people at slave wages and created their fortune) and referred to it as “The Pot Shop”!

Power to the people 🇨🇳🍻

On the subject of Inheritance, I find the TV programme “Heir Hunters” to be the most obnoxious on television; almost a modem day “Grave Robbers”!

The premise is that it is a “bad thing” if someone dies Intestate and assets go to the state!

So, after someone dies Intestate, the Heir Hunters (who seldom even knew the deceased) pick over their assets to see if there is anything which they can deny the state!

Obviously, they trouser a percentage of whatever they find and normally hand the remainder over to whoever they find is due to inherit the deceased estate.

I have two major objections to this:
  1. In most cases, the Inheritor didn’t know that the deceased existed and didn’t contribute to the welfare of the deceased, or to the assets that they inherit.
  2. Assets handed to the state are used to support the NHS, pensions, welfare benefits etc etc. Why is this a “bad thing”?
IMO, the sooner they get rid of the TV programme itself and the parasites that profit from it, the better!

A president can be voted out no one voted for Charlie to be the next King

The conservatives haven't the bottle to get rid of a lying PM and the way the polls are going there is a good chance conservative will get in next time.

What hope have we of getting rid of a president we don't like with the rigged voting system we have?

This time I will ask the right question.
Why, Chippy? Why?
It's a bit more important than being, say, an Everton supporter. Isn't it?

I have my reasons and am not going to go into detail as you will feel obliged to tell me i am wrong.

The graph below speaks for itself.

Do you think Britain should continue to have a monarchy in the future, or should it be replaced with an elected head of state?
121.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/863893/support-for-the-monarchy-in-britain-by-age/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back