Why does Youngs America IPA take so long?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both!
I put most of the hops inside some stainless steel tea infusers, but the quantity supplied with the kit was to much to fit so some went in loose.

I've seen a few people saying they just sling loose hop pellets in without a problem. I just can't imagine how based on the gunk they create... I use a muslin bag to good effect and don't have any issues with the hop sediment.

After adding the hop pellets it bubbled away again for a few days but no discernible change in the gravity from 1010. Bottled it yesterday and discovered that amount of hop pellets leads to issues with bottling. Tried filtering using the Little Bottler but it kept clogging so eventually switched to a syphon with a boiled pop sock around the end in the fermenter. I think I managed to keep bits of hop out of the bottles - now to see whether it clears and conditions nicely.

It's a good brew. I just put the Young's APA on last night and it is rapid.. Dropped .030 since 20:00 last night already...

Latest posts

Back