WildBrew sour Pitch??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolkbeer

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone used the above for brewing by a kettle sour?

Any tips or hints or experiences with Lallemand WildBrew Sour Pitch?

Also looking for some recipes to try (maybe something fruity?)

Also,
As I need to hold the wort at a certain temperature for 24-48 hours should I:
Leave wort in my peco boiler and control the temperature of the wort with the element cutting in and out via a thermostat?

I cannot help with kettle souring but you can sour after fermentation. I have used Omega Labs lacto blend and it works at room temp. You pitch a lacto starter after fermentaion finishes. Super easy. Link below for instructions.

BC
Would you recommend it, I want to make a sour beer.

Have a look at this Sour beer - Modern Brewhouse wiki I have used sourpitch by adding half a pack at the same time as the yeast (35c) but it did not work as well as the method above which is super simple and foolproof. Just don't add hops until souring is complete.

@suffolkbeer how did you get on with this. I've been having a look at it myself so any feedback welcomed. I noticed that pitch rate was 10g/hl. So for a 20l brew, I'm assuming just 2g? Any help gratefully received.
I just pitched the whole packet. I probably could have done with leaving it another couple of hours but it’s turned out well. I did a raspberry Berliner Weisse with it.

Old thread but can anyone remember how they got on re pitching rates?

I'm using Helveticus in a kettle sour tomorrow and whilst the advertised pitching rate is 2g for 20l , Ive seen videos etc of people using the whole packet so I'm a tad unsure. I don't particularly like the idea of weighing some out as I assume its just further for spoiling the lactabicullus (which, like yeast I assume it can be? Basing this on the fact that you pre-sour the wort to 4.5ph for protection)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back