Wilko Carbonation Drops...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MackemBrew

Reaction score
..for a stout in 330ml bottles.

Just a quick one.
Does anyone have any recommendations, never used drops before but just need to run off a handful of bottles and I dont have a spare bucket to batch prime from. Will 1 drop be too much? Not a fan of a fizzy stout. Dont really fancy just measuring out sugar either and adding it to the bottle aa I feel like it would be inaccurate.

Cheers

I’m tempted to give sugar sticks ago myself next time I bottle (I have used carbonation drops and on that subject one drop in 330ml should be plenty to carbonate most stouts might even be a bit much these are typically 3-4g) but see I can get a box of 1000 for £7 on Amazon for 2.5g sachets, which would be a bout right.

I've ordered a box of 1000 2.5g Tate & Lyle white sugar sticks from eBay for £6.99 delivered.

The convenience of drops but a fraction of the price.

I'll try them on my next brew.

Mark

I was a little cheeky and picked up a couple from mcdonalds the other day when I was grabbing my coffee.

4g sticks so split one between 4 bottles, will see how they turn out

So one gram per bottle? That's going to be flat as a pancake. Even in a 330ml bottle that's 1.6 volumes.

Yeah, I kegged my last stout at 1.8 which was perfect for how I like my stouts. I was only running off a handful of bottles this time. Decided on splitting it by 4 would be the best way to avoid over carbing. Personally would rather a stout be a little under.

20200404_204808.jpg

Cracked a stout to see how it was getting on after using the sugar sticks. Really pleased with the outcome, will be picking up a box of these for future brews.

Latest posts

Back