Wilko Feeling Hoppy - Dry Hopping Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Wilko Feeling Hoppy IPA is going to need dry hopping in the couple of days or so. Its come with a 10g sachet of Amarillo is that enough or should I add something else in?

I've 12g each of Citra US and Challenger to hand if either of these would add to the brew?

I'd hate to miss an opportunity make it better.

I added 50g of citra and 50g of mosaic instead of the amarillo. It turned out very nice after a month!

If you don't have any other hops, I would use the amarillo and citra.

If you want more, you could try and buy some from CrossMyLoof as they sell hops in small batches and post them very quickly.

My Wilko Feeling Hoppy IPA is going to need dry hopping in the couple of days or so. Its come with a 10g sachet of Amarillo is that enough or should I add something else in?

I've 12g each of Citra US and Challenger to hand if either of these would add to the brew?

I'd hate to miss an opportunity make it better.
Although Amarillo can be quite an intense flavour as I have found why not do it as it comes?
Or at least use only one additional hop so you can find out what it contributes.
Then based on that you can make informed decisions for next time, rather than wondering what hop A or hop B brought to your beer.
Any way more on using Amarillo here
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/using-amarillo-hops-for-flavour.85138/

Thank you both.

I am reassured by the "Amarillo can be quite intense flavour". I was more concerned that Amarillo alone would not pack enough punch to carry the beer but by the sound of it that was unfounded. I shall do it as planned this time.

Funnily enough my plan for the Challenger and Citra was to use them in two batches of the same recipe to start getting an idea of what they each bring to the party on their own but I seem to find myself fighting impulses to tinker with things that should probably be left alone.

Cheers.

Back