Wilko feeling hoppy IPA - 2 can brew ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoholiday

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone

I've been gifted 2 cans of Wilko feeling hoppy IPA

I've done it before and put extra hops in of my choice , dextrose and 500g of brewing sugar

It was ok but not amazing , so I've been gifted 2 cans , anyone have thoughts on making 23L brew up using both cans ? Anyone done it perhaps ?

If I was to use both cans , don't imagine I'd need additional sugars but what about additional hops

Never done a 2 can batch before , I'll appreciate any suggestions

Thanks all

I am two can brewing as we speak - think I'll put up a separate post about it.

You should definitely get more flavour and body. Whether you add sugar depends on how strong you want it to be. If you do presumably your experience will be similar to this:

The Wilko kits will make decent beer doubled up. I suggest adding 500g sugar and dry hops or a hop tea. Chuck both yeast sachets in as well, and you will be pleased, I'm sure.

The Wilko kits will make decent beer doubled up. I suggest adding 500g sugar and dry hops or a hop tea. Chuck both yeast sachets in as well, and you will be pleased, I'm sure.

Cheers mate

What kind of abv approx do you think with the 500g X sugar added , it'd turn out at ?

I am two can brewing as we speak - think I'll put up a separate post about it.

You should definitely get more flavour and body. Whether you add sugar depends on how strong you want it to be. If you do presumably your experience will be similar to this:

What 2 cans did you use out of interest ?

Back