Wilko Half Price Beer Kits!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Rubble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Popped into my local Wilko this morning (as you do) as I was out shopping with my 90 year young MIL. I wandered over to the home brew section as she was perusing ladies smellies and household odds and sods.

Anyway I picked up a single can of Geordie Scottish Export and noticed on the base of the can that the sell by date was end of August 2020. I then checked several of the others on display and found a Geordie Winter Warmer with a sell by date of end of September 2020 and finally a Wilko IPA with a sell by date of end of October 2020. I approached a supervisor in store and she stated that I could have all three for half price!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I know that these are not the best of kits on offer, but at £6.00, I just couldn't turn them down.

At least I have three kits to keep me busy in the coming weeks. I intend to brew them in order of out of datedness.....

Popped into my local Wilko this morning (as you do) as I was out shopping with my 90 year young MIL. I wandered over to the home brew section as she was perusing ladies smellies and household odds and sods.

Anyway I picked up a single can of Geordie Scottish Export and noticed on the base of the can that the sell by date was end of August 2020. I then checked several of the others on display and found a Geordie Winter Warmer with a sell by date of end of September 2020 and finally a Wilko IPA with a sell by date of end of October 2020. I approached a supervisor in store and she stated that I could have all three for half price!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I know that these are not the best of kits on offer, but at £6.00, I just couldn't turn them down.

At least I have three kits to keep me busy in the coming weeks. I intend to brew them in order of out of datedness.....

try winter warner and export together in a 23 L batch

be just reyt for Xmas ! 😀

Back