Wilko kit not clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw153

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm new to this home brewing lark, so please excuse any daft questions.

I'm currently brewing a Wilko Chardonnay 6 bottle kit. Everything seemed to be going fine -- fermentation appeared to have stopped, bubbling through the airlock was <1/min. So on Saturday just gone I added the stabiliser and the finings, and degassed. As I'm new to this I'm sticking to the instructions, and didn't rack into a new DJ at this point. Over the course of the day there was a little bubbling, presumably as part of the degassing; by the next day the airlock was still. The wine started clearing, but it seemed slower than I expected (This is my second kit; I did the Cab' Sauv' kit a few weeks earlier.) The wine is much clearer than it was, but it's certainly not crystal clear. Today, I've noticed some bubbles coming through my airlock. Granted it's not many, about one every five minutes or so.

My question is this: Has fermentation restarted, and what should I do? (Let me know if you need any more info -- I didn't want to go on and on in my first post!)

Cheers

David

I'd leave it another week or two, their finnings aren't up to much.

Fair enough. Is it worth adding some KwikClear to help it along, or do I just need more patience?!

Latest posts

Back