Wilko lids

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieBeer

Reaction score
I needed an emergency FV yesterday so I popped into Wilko. They had several buckets on the shelf but no lids. When I asked the lady if they were kept elsewhere she first questioned whether they are actually supposed to come with lids. After I convinced her thay did by showing her the page on their website, she had a quick look around, asked a colleague and then told me they must have been stolen.

Would people steal just the lids? I think they've just been mislaid by the shop somewhere. Anyway, they have several buckets on the shelf that no one is going to buy, and they probably won't order any more as their system will show they have plenty of stock.

Oh, well. I'll have to try my wilko 15 miles away, I'm sure it counts as essential travel.

I've seen that...or the lids are busted up. Also seen it with their PB's...lid valve missing,seals missing or even lids missing...check carefully before you take one!

I normally see the lids missing from pressure barrels.

Back