Wilko's Dark Velvet Stout Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky_dicky

Reaction score
Thought this kit would be well worth a go at £10 (plus free bag of brewing sugar), so started this on Sat 20 Oct.

Made up with 1Kg of Muntons Beer Kit Enhancer and 1 Brupaks Flavapak - concious this may be a bit on the light or thin side, but I didn't want to overpower the kit before I had got an idea of what it was like. I did brew it short to 20l to help it along though

SG was 1042, and it has been fermeting away very happily for 5 days now, will be looking to bottle it on Sat 3 Nov - so giving at a good 2 weeks in the FV. I find the cheaper kits benefit from patience, both for the initial fermentation and when bottled.

Will keep you posted

I saw this over the weekend, its a good value for money kit considering you get the sugar for free. It will be interesting to see how it turns out :drink:

Interested in what you think to this. I've got a few more brews to go in my list until I get to do mine and I'm planning a partial brew but undecided what additions to make to it yet.

I did this kit recently with 1kg medium spraymalt and brewed short to 20ltrs, really really nice stout for the price IMO :thumb:

Took a sample of this today - down at 1010, and has been for 3 days now, so reckon this will be good to bottle at the weekend (if I can locate enough spare bottles)

Had a taste, and well...it tastes like a stout. A rich roasty flavour, with a hint of chocolate - quite dry, and not overly hoppy. But I think this is gonna be a winner - well worth £10. :clap:

Latest posts

Back