Wilkos Have Discontinued Bottle Caps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bottle caps in Wilkos for me were an excuse just to go in. One of those Have I got enough? I can't remember... things where I just thought I'll get some more, they're only a quid. That sometimes had me adding them to a pile of maybe 5 or 6 bags when I got home, but I didn't mind and it never felt like it was a wrong... and I kinda knew I had more than enough, really.

And going in for caps I'd sometimes buy some utter tripe I never went in for. A load of reduced meat-thermometers one time, dented or yeastless homebrew tins more than once, a load of reduced LED strip lights for fittings I didn't - and still don't - have (they were cheap, shurrup!). Aaaand an angle-grinder, aaaaand....

Bottle caps genuinely were my Wilkos gateway drug and honestly don't feel like I've got a need to go in there any more unless it's for something specific... or something I need. And I mostly can't be arsed about stuff I need and tend to avoid it.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail. .

That's how it feels to me. The whole shop has become meaningless because of my one little vice.

Latest posts

Back