Wilko's Own Brand Cerveza Review

Discussion in 'Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews.' started by xdaver, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Jan 4, 2017 #181

Sozzled

Sozzled

Sozzled

Well, it's all made up.

I used 1KG of Light DME in place of the sugar and Mangrove Jacks M54 Yeast.

It's only been going a few days but seems to be fermenting OK at the moment, I'll leave for a good 7 - 8 days before I dry hop. I was thinking 50g of Saaz, hopefully that won't be overpowering.

Looking forward to trying this one! Then again I've looked forward to trying them all if I'm honest ;)

2. Jan 4, 2017 #182

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered..... Supporting Member

I dry hopped mine with 50 g of saaz it was really good. I have 50 get left so will be doing this again...soon!

Cheers

Clint

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Sozzled likes this.
  3. Jan 4, 2017 #183

braziliain

braziliain

braziliain

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I wish I'd thought of doing that. Mine stuck at 1.020 ended up at 3.5% and just isn't that nice.

It's drinkable but it tastes watery with a lingering bitter aftertaste that just isn't very pleasant.

Probably my own fault for leaving it on a shelf for 2 years before brewing it!! :doh:

4. Jan 4, 2017 #184

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered..... Supporting Member

Just checked my notes...kit plus 1.5 kg of lme and 500g of dme..fg 1014. Put a spot of lemonade in with it...

Cheers

Clint

5. Dec 5, 2017 #185

sdt7618

sdt7618

sdt7618

Regular. Supporting Member

Was beginning to get a bit concerned that this has stopped around 1.010 but seems this would be done reading back through the thread.

was dry hopped with 50 gram of saaz so into the lagering phase she will go. 2 degrees for at least 3 weeks should give me a nice crystal clear beer.

6. Dec 5, 2017 #186

AdeDunn

AdeDunn

AdeDunn

Mine went all the way down to 1.006. However, I used 2 packets of the kit yeast, and made it with 1kg Richies brew enhancer + 504g of dextrose. I also added hop flavour early on rather than a dry hop, steeping 25g of Hallertau and 25g of Saaz to make hop tea, then tipping the lot into the FV.

I'm not a huge fan of lager style beers, but at least this one had some flavour. It's still conditioning anyway, so hopefully once the twang conditions out this should be quite tasty. Oh, mine developed a pellicle thanks too a knackered FV (had only used it 3 times...) letting air in, so I racked from under it and left it behind. No pellicle in the bottles at all and doesn't seem to have had any effect on the beer.