Wilkos to close 15 stores. :/

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Tripps

Reaction score

Is yours one of them? Clydebank is my go to and send OK, but sad news.

Full list of Wilko stores listed for closure in 2022:

Bournemouth,

Cleethorpes

Edmonton Green

Erdington

Grantham

Llanelli

Merthyr Tydfil

Narborough Road

Orpington

Redditch

Rotheram

Scunthorpe

Shipley

Skegness

Stockton

Sutton Coldfield

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
The one here is spared, but it's a big shop, and does a good trade I think.

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Ours is quite big too but has suffered from lack of stock in recent months, some shelves have been empty

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Went in our local one a bit before Christmas, there really wasn't much in there worth buying. I think they are fighting a losing battle to B&M / HomeBargains and the way I see it probably consider themselves in a tier above these shops but they really aren't.

The one in Worcester has only been open a few years so I guess they'd be loathed to close it.

Reaction score
I went in the one at Middlebrooke just before christmas, i can see why they are closing if they have staff who can't be arsed staff like this one, but they will all moan if and when it gets the chop

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
From some bit of their homebrewing range, these closures should be seen as a godsend. Some of their HB is god damned awful :C

Reaction score
From some bit of their homebrewing range, these closures should be seen as a godsend. Some of their HB is god damned awful :C
I beg to differ Arcs, i have done loads of wilko kits all tweaked with dme and notty yeast never had a bad one, i am right now drinking thirsty red devil which is very nice also have a keg of wheat beer carbing up never tried this so we will see

Reaction score
Went in our local one a bit before Christmas, there really wasn't much in there worth buying. I think they are fighting a losing battle to B&M / HomeBargains and the way I see it probably consider themselves in a tier above these shops but they really aren't.

The one in Worcester has only been open a few years so I guess they'd be loathed to close it.
To be honest I was surprised ours wasn't on the list. B&M and Home Bargains have opened in town recently and the store is poorly sited - no free parking nearby. I doubt ours will let much longer.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
Mine in Liverpool isn't shutting. As far as I can see it's junk store selling junk for people that need or want junk. As for high street homebrew kits or equipment. Their brews are crap as is the equipment. I have to travel 55 mins from where I live to see a decent homebrew store on a high street. It's worth my while going there as I almost always get what I want.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to travel 55 mins from where I live to see a decent homebrew store on a high street. It's worth my while going there as I almost always get what I want.

Its a shame they are closing as fast as pubs giving us little choice than to buy online or from places like Wilko.