Will i be able to ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby_patty

Reaction score
Im looking to try making an AG brew . I have all the equipment ( i think )for the fv stage and bottling etc . I have a 17l stainless pan , ordered a bag and have a 12l fv . My question is will the pan be big enough for a 10-12 l brew and anything else needed ? Im hoping, placing the pan in a sink of iced water will cool it enough until i make a cooler.

The answer is, yes, but you may have to be smart about how you do it. The struggle is having enough headroom in the pan to avoid boiling over. The solution is to aim to have less volume of stronger wort in the pan at the end of the boil, then add a litre or two of water to get to the correct volume (liquoring back), with the advantage of adding cold water to cool your hot wort. The software Banbeer suggests will help you work out your pre-boil volume.

Thanks for the replies. Iv had a look at the link and think i need to do a bit more research as im not 100% what to enter on some of the available inputs.

Latest posts

Back