Will Smith slap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think he was right to slap the comedian? (should he have punched his lights out)

There were plenty of people phoning 5 live today saying he should not have done anything it was just a joke, i wonder if the same people would have had the same view had Will Smiths wife been in a wheelchair and Chris rock had said could you make sure i get the last dance with your wife at the party later Will.

Will Smith walks on stage to slap Chris Rock for making jokes about his wife, Jade Pickett-Smith’s alopecia.

It was a very mild joke. Will's wife is right out there with her hair loss issue, which is her right, but holy he!! if he's going to attack every comedian who makes a head shaving joke he is going to be very busy.

The joke is only as funny as the laugh on the person on the receiving end...then you have to consider that isn't the be all as there's those who it wasn't directed at who may have no such issues that are just offended on someone else's behalf...

It is quite a minefield knowing where the line is.

What I thought was interesting about this particular event was that Will initially laughs at the joke whilst his missus looks unimpressed. I wonder if Will suddenly realises he's in the sh1t so decides to stand up and do something about it? Which, of course, could land him in more sh1t as Mrs Smith may not need anyone to defend her and would have responded in a much more dignified and less public manner.

It is quite a minefield knowing where the line is.

What I thought was interesting about this particular event was that Will initially laughs at the joke whilst his missus looks unimpressed. I wonder if Will suddenly realises he's in the sh1t so decides to stand up and do something about it? Which, of course, could land him in more sh1t as Mrs Smith may not need anyone to defend her and would have responded in a much more dignified and less public manner.
There's no line...unless you're behind closed doors with someone who is as big a pi55taker as you are.
My mate is 6'6",25 stone all day,size 13 feet. I can call him all the fat bastards under the sun...

The joke wasn't funny, the comedian was out of line, Smiths reaction was over the top. Nobody looked good..
Smith needs to be censured for what he did and the comedian never hired again.

They are reporting this morning Smith has made a public apology to the comedian.

Not a particularly funny joke, but a totally unacceptable reaction. where is the line drawn? Is it ok to assault someone over any perceived slight? Can we start glove slapping and arranging duels in municipal parks? He responded like a child.

Last edited:
While his actions were inexcusable, I understand the sentiments behind them. If the love of your life is ill it is no joking matter and to ridicule someone in public for an illness out of their control and that causes them physical and mental anguish is frankly the actions of a complete scumbag.
I hope the comedians career is ended by what he did. If the butt of his "joke" was perhaps someone with downs syndrome and was about that syndrome I suspect that it would have been met with a stony silence and been a career ending move. The same should apply here I think.

I would love to know how all the people here would have reacted if it had been their wifes disability this comedian had used toget a cheap laugh.

I think I would have not laughed at the event and then made a formal complaint to the organisers and probably had a pop at the comedian through social media.
I would definitely have kept the moral high ground and not stepped down to the comedians level.

Back