Will you be watching the royal wedding?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No interest at all, it's just another strangers wedding, why would I have any interest? I wish them well, and that's about it. The last royal wedding I watched was Charles and Di, I was a little kid at the time and had little choice... lol

I'm not a huge fan of the concept of privilege by birth anyway, been a sort of lefty bordering on republican (note the small r there...) (when it comes to the concept of heads of state that is). However I do recognise that the royals work rather hard (Who else else doesn't retire until in their 90s? Then even after "retiring" continues to work, but on a lighter schedule that would still exhaust many of us...), and that they're important to things like the UK tourism industry.

I'm sick of it already, just saw some mad person spout out about prince henry of wales (wtf) on this morning (was called in to see, not watching myself).

My lesser half wants drinks and food etc for wedding and combined footy after dual shop I suppose. Although can't be bothered to watch either.

No.

I think the TV here kicks off at about 6.30 pm here.
As I've got no plans for Saturday afternoon/evening I'll be at least two beers in by that stage.
I imagine the BBQ will be well and truly going.
I heard on the radio the main event is nearer 9 pm, so I'll probably be nodding off by then.

I'm sick of it already, just saw some mad person spout out about prince henry of wales (wtf) on this morning (was called in to see, not watching myself).

My lesser half wants drinks and food etc for wedding and combined footy after dual shop I suppose. Although can't be bothered to watch either.

Just reading this and yes, this afternoon on Sydney radio they had some idiot going on how Harry was Prince of Wales.
The host did ask "How many Princes of Wales's did they need"?

We've got a street party going on in our road. I've entered an abdicake in the bake-off competition. The theme is best of British, so I'm making a German ginger cake, as Harry proves, there's nothing more British than a German ginger. I designed a photo cake topper especially for it. I fully expect to get lynched.

Attachments

• Cake 1.jpg
    Cake 1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 104
It's a disaster, this whole royal marriage thing, between European royalty and a half-african divorcee.

'Im afraid Madam your acting career is now over
But you may be able to star in some extremely light Xmas Rom com straight to DVD films where you play the'fool who doesn't ever fall in love..
Oh , did you not read the queens small print?'

rather stick hedgehogs up my ****.....if our lass hopes it going on the telly....she gan n.......****off.
weddings I hate them....hated my prevous to failures...
so going to enjoy myself bottling...better things to do..
bri

I’m excited... because it means the supermarkets will be dead!

When William got married, we had got home from holiday the day before so needed a pretty big shop. Went up to Sainsbury’s and I was the only one there!
After the coronation there was plenty of reduced party style food, along with strawberries and cream etc. So I'm looking forward to the day after

On the positive side, Meghan is a wonderful role model for young womanhood.
She's fit, healthy and not overweight.
She's educated.
Until very recently she worked for a living.
She doesn't smoke.
She isn't covered in more tattoos than a 60 year old Irish navy.
She hasn't detailed every idiotic opinion that she's ever held and every shag she's ever had on social media for the world to see.
And astonishingly, this combination has resulted in her doing okay, despite her not having the privilege that would go with having 100% white European ancestry.

Well said Ken the Americans are loving it.

Naming American socialite Wallis Simpson as the Woman of the Year for 1936, the TIME article called her “the most-talked-about, written-about, headlined and interest-compelling person in the world.” And why wouldn't she be—she literally shook the foundations of the British monarchy and created a constitutional crisis. In December 1936, King Edward VIII abdicated his throne so that he could marry Wallis—the woman he loved, who was also a divorcee. As Prince Harry is set to tie the knot with Meghan Markle, a divorcee, too, the story of Edward and Wallis deserves a retelling.

https://www.theweek.in/leisure/soci...royal-family-learnt-to-embrace-divorcees.html

literally shook the foundations of the British monarchy and created a constitutional crisis. In December 1936, King Edward VIII abdicated his throne so that he could marry Wallis—the woman he loved, who was also a divorcee

Shows how archaic the system was, that a man wanting to marry the woman he loved caused a constitutional crisis. You could sympathise with Edward VIII in this story (which a great deal of the population did).

His links the Nazis and Operation Willi provokes less sympathy: https://www.history.com/news/history-behind-the-crown-queen-elizabeth-edward-margaret-fact-check (See the bit about Edward VIII and Hitler).

Some folks down our road have their bungalow decorated with bunting and pictures of the "happy couple" in the window. personally, I would rather remove my spleen with a spoon.

Back