Will you be watching the royal wedding?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck to both of them, I quite like the pair of them, but I don't really understand why anyone would want to watch a stranger's wedding. But hey, if that's what you're into.

I, meanwhile, am on a mission to find a set of deep drive sockets so I can change a car battery. Want to flog it so I can finally buy a motorbike. No joy at B&Q, so it's onto a third bus for a trip to Halfords...

It's done then? I spent the day doing the valve shims, carb synchronisation and oil change on me mobike. Hope I didn't miss owt.

I had the same thoughts when thousands lined the streets crying at Dianas funeral.
I get the funeral thing..for me the lads had Dianna as colonel Of Chief..sad day.
But another wedding, baby blah blah and bugger having street parties...
Never seen or saw if any of it...
More exiting times to look at...fixing a new plug onehanded..wash the car...iron our lass uniform for a few days...looked at the overgrown lawn!!...check up on my cream ale...
Hope our lass doesn’t harp on with the blasted wedding!!!
Bri

I get the funeral thing..for me the lads had Dianna as colonel Of Chief..sad day.

I have nothing against people who knew her or had ties to her lining the streets but this public show of emotion for someone people don't know personally is beyond me its the same when someone dies and people feel the need to put flowers where it happened even thought they didn't know them i get the feeling its more about them than the person that died.

Top half of our road had a street party. Bottom half didn’t get invited. C’est la vie

Seen some of it on the telly in work...no sound on it though as we’re not responsible enough for that....
Copped my 14 year old walking up the road on the way home from work with his guitar over his shoulder so I pulled over. He’d apparently been playing in a band at a street party a couple of streets away....wonders never cease to amaze me...can’t get him off the bloody Xbox most of the time though I have heard various tunes eminating from his pit!

SWMBO works nights and has just left for work. When she woke at abut 6 she asked...what was the wedding like?

I replied, haven't a clue I've been bottling beer and sitting in the sun with the dog.

I do wonder what philip would've made of today though. Bet he came out with some right corkers off camera

I went on a bike ride, part of the 'Capital ring'. I discovered a gem of a park next to streatham common and fell asleep in it in the sun
I forgot you're a fellow biker. Don't you ride a recumbent?

I have nothing against people who knew her or had ties to her lining the streets but this public show of emotion for someone people don't know personally is beyond me its the same when someone dies and people feel the need to put flowers where it happened even thought they didn't know them i get the feeling its more about them than the person that died.
Aye chippy
That’s bit gross tbh!!
Hairs stand up on my neck!!
But people are strange!!
All that millions of pounds for flowers n so on...the Florist must be happy!!
Anyways bruv
Off to do some Sunday morn chores!!! Hope it involves homebrewing or I’m not happy lol
Bri

I've never tried one. Always been curious about them. How does it fair to a regular everyday cycle to work on an upright bike?

I asked him the same question a while ago and if member serves he said going up hill is easier on a "normal" bike.

I use a bike to commute through Birmingham every day and my biggest concerns would be reduced visibility (particularly relative to drivers in raised cabs) and the inability to bail out.
Might be interesting on more open roads though.

Back