Will you drink in Wetherspoons when pubs re-open?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is a proponent of Brexit then he is hypocritical to take advantage of government furlough scheme? I'm not sure I follow? He is looking to protect his business and in turn his staff (if he didn't wait until furlough scheme confirmed he would likely have no option to release them), and if his business went under they would all lose their jobs for sure. I think its more a case of putting his business and employees jos first. But because he is pro Brexit (which he has every right to be in a free democratic society) he is questioned over using this scheme when others don't have the same scrutiny?

Honestly I cant follow the reason of boycotting a business because they put staff on furlough, just like hundreds to companies across the country.
If you want to boycott because you don't like his stance on Brexit, then I can kind of understand. I don't share that belief and wouldn't bother with that personally, but could kind of understand it.
It's not the fact that they were put on furlough - I'm not sure furlough was even announced before he rudely informed all his staff to "P*ss off and work for someone else"... Tim Martin is about Tim Martin, his stance (which he can freely take) over Brexit was misleading... and now with his plight to bring back pubs (and seemingly his staff the government are paying for) are again for him. When a figure head can be so openly disloyal and show no apathy or empathy for his staff so readily and early in the process - I'm not sure they deserve the business; I can only imagine how he feels about his customers. I'd rather spend 50p a pint in a business that does have these qualities as it invariably will lead to a happy workforce and a better experience.

He was recorded saying "just grab 'em by the pussy" amongst other misogynistic garbage. I couldn't give a s**t what the media think of him. He's a ******* arsehole. And I don't need to meet him to know that.
You'd have to be an idiot not to see it, I mean the guy takes to Twitter daily to confirm it !!!! :)

He was recorded saying "just grab 'em by the pussy" amongst other misogynistic garbage. I couldn't give a s**t what the media think of him. He's a ******* arsehole. And I don't need to meet him to know that.
To be fair, what he said was that there were women out there, groupies, who would let you "Grab them by the p*ssy" if you are a man of power. And there are. He didnt say he did it, or instruct anyone else to do it.

Or to put it another way he did what thousands of businesses did and put his staff on the government scheme hopefully so they have a job to come back to in several months when pubs are allowed to open and customers have confidence in going back into them, the latter is going to take a long time.
Well not really, he dumped them first - rather unceremoniously I might add; "Go and Work for Tesco's as they are hiring" - or words to that effect. Adding, "you will only get paid what you worked and sod all else until the government comes through with the 80%". Got to leave you feeling loved as an employee right. I get it that other companies have undertaken the Government furlough scheme, but it's the way he did it. If he feels this way about his own staff, he certainly doesn't give two craps about his customers. But hey, if you can accept those morals for the sake of a few quid a night saving on some beer - fill your boots.

To be fair, what he said was that there were women out there, groupies, who would let you "Grab them by the p*ssy" if you are a man of power. And there are. He didnt say he did it, or instruct anyone else to do it.
The exact quote is:
Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy, you can do anything.”

That’s not saying groupies will let you do anything, that’s saying he can do anything to beautiful women without consent and there’s nothing they can do about it!

He was recorded saying "just grab 'em by the pussy" amongst other misogynistic garbage. I couldn't give a s**t what the media think
The exact quote is:
Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”

That’s not saying groupies will let you do anything, that’s saying he can do anything to beautiful women without consent and there’s nothing they can do about it!
There is nothing about p*ssy grabbing in that quote.

My copy and paste missed a line because I tried to crop out the part where Billy Bush is talking. - it’s there now
And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy, you can do anything.”
This is the key bit. He is talking about the type of women who will allow a "star" to do anything. Groupies. And they exist.

This is the key bit. He is talking about the type of women who will allow a "star" to do anything. Groupies. And they exist.

I couldn't give a stuff who he's taking about. It doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible thing to say. Showed a dreadful attitude to women. It's one of many. He's a pathetic excuse of a man.

I couldn't give a stuff who he's taking about. It doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible thing to say. Showed a dreadful attitude to women. It's one of many. He's a pathetic excuse of a man.
You dont care about the context?

If you don't see anything in that quote that demonstrates an objectionable attitude towards women then yes, you're being wilfully obtuse.
Ok then, put another way, would you agree that there are women out there who behave like this?

You dont care about the context?
The context was that he was referring to a soap actress he’s about to make a cameo alongside, whom he’d never met. Not a groupie.

He might have been saying there are women who let you do anything, but he was also saying he might not be able to stop himself from kissing a woman he’s never met before without asking.

The context was that he was referring to a soap actress he’s about to make a cameo alongside, whom he’d never met. Not a groupie.
Ok, not a groupie as in hanging around backstage at a concert. But a woman willing to let men of power do things to get ahead.

Again, do you deny these women exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back