Willis Mexican cerveza, turbo cider tasting *****!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaside brew

Reaction score
Hello people, after some input/ advice? I mixed up/ brewed a Wilko Mexican cerveza kit about a 2 weeks ago that I brewed short to 20 liters and went mostly dextrose, 1kg and 250g of light DME to try and give it the taste the old woman likes as in holsten/ 1664 . Tiny dry hop of 10g saaz cause she don't like the ales I drink and bottled Saturday so I know this is well prem... Opened a bottle tonight...proper green I know but it basically tastes of turbo cider.. maybe homebrew twang, but it t.c to me. Is this the bulk suger affect do you think or a time issue? I'm not to fussed as it a cheap and dirty kit but be nice to know other people's opinions

I’m fairly new so take it with a pinch of salt but I’ve found all of my beers cidery or winey until at least 3 weeks, one is on 5 weeks and is just becoming drinkable. I think it’s the time it takes for the yeast to get rid of the sugar

Thanks surfingobo.im greatfull for any advice, that would make complete sense, I've tried previous beers early to see how carbonation is coming on ( honestly) and not tasted that T.C before in a beer, I do generally use alot more DME though, hence the question

I think you already knew, but you need to be patient. There's not really any point "testing" it three days after bottling. All that will be gained in doing so is depleting your supply so that you have one fewer left when you realise in a few weeks that it is rather nice.

I know what your saying but curiosity always gets the better of me... had try another one last night and it’s already tasting a lot better. I knew it would change/improve I’d just never done a lager type kit and had never used pretty much straight sugar so I was just interested what people opinions were. All the same it was a bit of a stupid question after 3 days!!!!

Back