Windows 11 is Coming.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah 640K of RAM - luxury 😆 While at school in computer class on the BBC micro I tried to copy some of the iterative fractal type graphics I'd read about in New Scientist but would routinely run out of memory space for any decent sized arrays, so ended up using the video RAM as a working memory space, which at least made it very colourful to watch while it was working ☺, would also split up the 8 bits in each memory state to store multiple variables if the values could be kept small integers. You had to make the best use of every tiny bit of memory.
Yep, I remember doing all of that. You’re making me nostalgic 😂

Well while we are on a trip down memory lane, I really rather like SunOS on the SPARC stations we had at university ☺ chatting across ytalk, browsing gopher servers, and discovering the headaches of C++ compilers. (yes for anyone confused I did do a medical degree but was also really into IT)

Anna

The days of DOS were my favourite days in computing, you had far better control and where you needed more, a simple call to some assembly routines. Most programmes were a few kilobytes or had to be paged - well you did only have 640KB RAM. I loved it! I also coded in assembly language for 8080, Z80, 6502, 68000 CPU’s. Stuff of dreams. <sigh>
And Bill Gates announced that no one would ever need more than 640k af ram.

This is way over my head, i remember my first computer which i built with the help of a mate in 1997, it had a AMD 400 mhz chip an hard drive that was to die for, i built it for son's 7th birthday he is 31 now it cost me an arm and a leg but i was the darling at work with the fastest computer :laugh8:

This is way over my head, i remember my first computer which i built with the help of a mate in 1997, it had a AMD 400 mhz chip an hard drive that was to die for, i built it for son's 7th birthday he is 31 now it cost me an arm and a leg but i was the darling at work with the fastest computer :laugh8:

😂 Yeah, it’s all gone a bit geeky!

I remember doing some minor scripting stuff on a Digital VAX computer running VMS. Cool thing about VMS at the time was every time you saved a file it gave it a new version number. It kept all the previous versions until you deleted them.

For my sins. In 1997 I was a workshop team leader at Time computers in Burnley. So I had to deal with os2, windows 95, windows 98, windows me, windows xp. It was a great time in the IT industry where i was actually repaired things to components level not just a glorified part swapper.

Between 98 and XP. Can't count 2000 as that was mainly for corporate use I believe?

Cheers Tom

For some long and boring protocol reasons (NetBEUI) and ancient CNC controllers, we still run two Windows 2000 machines, segregated from the wider network. They won't even run in VMs.

I won't be upgrading from win10 for some time.
It's taken a lot of effort and tweaks to disable all the bloatware and 'feedback' to Microsoft and partners on my machines activity.
It's shocking how much out of the box win10 monitors what you do, what you install and your activity is and sends it over to MS.
If it wasn't for certain astrophotography and photo editing apps that won't work on Linux, I'd have ditched Windows years ago.

Let's be honest if you use Windows, chrome, Edge or a mobile phone you know there is a chance someone is watching what you are doing, the only way to stop it is to stop using them.
How many of us are that concerned they would give up using their phones and internet access?

Everything is so connected these days you don’t even know half the information that is gathered and where it flows.

Here’s one example many people are still unaware of. If you have a iPhone look in settings, privacy, location services, system services, significant locations. Unless you’ve turned this off you’ll then see everywhere you go, how often, and when. Just underneath significant locations you’ll see some product improvement items and undoubtedly the iPhone analytics is switched on - this is your consent for apple to harvest all this data.

If you have other platforms don’t gloat, they all do the same.

Is this even legit?

21H1 was just released which was a small update from 20H2.

The road map looks to be intermediate module upgrades onvertime still.

Is this even legit?

Nope, just some fancy concept artwork that someone's put together. It does look quite nice though...

Description on the video:

Introducing Windows 11.1, The Next Generation of Windows.
New Desktop, New Start Menu, New File Explorer, New Action Center, Fluent, Clean & Simple.

Designed by AR 4789. Enjoy your concept? Like and please comment on below! also don't forget to Subscribe and click the bell! so you don't miss the latest videos from us!

I'm not affiliated by Microsoft.
Maybe Useful for you.

No ISO & Download, this is just a Concept.

Back