Wine Kit Advice Please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo67

Reaction score
Hi we bought a Beaverdale white wine kit. It was all going well but I should have read the instructions as well. My OH said we had to Kieselsol first so we did. Then he realised he'd missed a step and we were meant to add the stabiliser first and leave 3-4 days before adding the kieselsol. So he also then added the stabiliser at the same time. Is it done for or is it retrievable please??? aheadbutt

Don't worry, no harm done. I add stabiliser at the same time as the finnings all the time. Some instructions even say to do this or at least to add the first part of two part finnings. As long as it's finished fermenting the finnings will do their job, if not it will just take longer to clear.

Me too, although I usually use bentonite so there’s like a 15 minute gap lol but jah same time

Hi thanks so much! We still have the chitosan to add but it said to leave the stabiliser 3-4 days and shake 3-4 times a day in that time. Should we still be shaking it so vigorously when the Kieselsol has already been added?

The shaking is to to get the CO2 out of the wine (degassing). It helps the wine to clear but it would do this on it's own given time.

asad1asad1asad1 Unfortunately not living in GOC atm but visit as much as possible and aim to retire right back there :-)

Latest posts

Back