Wine Kit Temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I have just received a Beaverdale Cabernet Sauvignon from Hope and Grope. It has been a few years since I have done a wine kit but from scanning the instructions it all looks easy enough. However how critical is it to maintain the temperature at 20c? My utility room is likely to be a bit colder than that when the heating it off.

Mind you their is the boiler cupboard so I should probably pop up there with the thermometer. :wha:

i've still got the very same kit sat waiting to be brewed hehe. i've still got bottles of the beaverdale Merlot going too.

my bedroom is the most stable room at about 18-20 degrees, but it does fluctuate around these temps daily. i haven't tasted an off flavour yet ;)

BrewStew said:
i've still got the very same kit sat waiting to be brewed hehe. i've still got bottles of the beaverdale Merlot going too.

my bedroom is the most stable room at about 18-20 degrees, but it does fluctuate around these temps daily. i haven't tasted an off flavour yet ;)

Excellent, thanks for the info. :thumb:

We will need to do a taste test some night when it is all bottled and matured.

Reds do benefit from being fermented warmer . . . up to 25C is ok . . . although I do prefer to do it at around 20C

Aleman said:
Reds do benefit from being fermented warmer . . . up to 25C is ok . . . although I do prefer to do it at around 20C

Thanks A. My boiler cupboard is a fairly constant 22C at the moment so I'll get it ready and pop it in there.

Latest posts

Back