Wine making

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Range kits are not bad especially for the price we regularly make the Rosé wine and have made the white

A word of warning (from my review below) when making the white kit -

The instructions tell you to add 750g of sugar to back sweeten after you have stabilised and degassed it, i decided to leave it dry as Mrs Tea doesn't like sweet wine and i am glad i did it would have been sickly sweet if i had followed the instructions.

I found the wine a little rough when first tasting it but if you leave it a week or more the taste changes and is as described -

White wine review - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43744

Rosé wine review - https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/the-range-make-your-own-rosé-30-bottle-kit.33697/

Red wine review - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49177

Thanks chippy, I'm sure I'll have enough screw top bottles by the time it's ready! When you advise to leave for a week or more do you mean in fermentation before bottling?

When you advise to leave for a week or more do you mean in fermentation before bottling?

Once bottled leave it a week before drinking but -

We used to drink white wine and found the range kit a little harsh when new so don't judge it when its new but by all means drink it if you like it when its new.

Ok, got everything up and running, 30 bottle wine kit fv in a water bath. Bath water is now at 27° ?When can I expect fermentation to start, it's been 24 hrs.

Don't worry if you don't see airlock activity some FV's are not airtight and the CO2 escapes from the lid seal not through the airlock, you should see activity on the surface in the next 24 - 48 hours (through the side don't open it) if you still do not see bubbles in the airlock and are concerned try putting your ear next to the FV you should hear it.

Best of luck, you are in good hands with the forum and Chippy_tea, most of my techniques are pinched off him.

My next door neighbour reckons Cellar 7 are best for fruity whites, he gives me the odd bottle and its not my thing but I actually love it. taste of peach !!!! (I only make red, an the occasional IPA).

If you like red, then get saving Cellar 7 are poor, Beaverdale/Cal Connoisseur are 'ok', Winexpert with grape skins and Atmosphere are sublime. The sweet spot for not spending £80+ is Kenridge classic Trilogy at £47

Cheers GD. Plenty on here have been most helpful. It's on the go so let's see what happens. Only hope the bottles I've put aside are ok.

Bubbling away like mad this morning! Airlock full of froth though.

Added findings yesterday and now waiting for it to clear, says sound 3 days. Took delivery of 36 Novatwist caps so ready to go!

Thanks chaps, checked again today and it's crystal clear. Hopefully bottle it this afternoon.

Ok, bottling now complete I think I may have disturbed so me sediment, a couple of bottles are a little cloudy. Will these be ok? Am I ok to store the bottles outside? Thanks.

Ok, bottling now complete I think I may have disturbed so me sediment, a couple of bottles are a little cloudy. Will these be ok? Am I ok to store the bottles outside? Thanks.

The sediment will usually compact at the bottom of the bottle. Just be careful not to disturb it to much. Leave it out in the cold is no problem at all. In fact will help the sediment sink to the bottom. Maybe re bottle the sedimented ones into the empties once you start to dive in.

Latest posts

Back