wine problem.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar Mild

Reaction score
Hi all, i put a winebuddy cab sav on to brew the other week and left it for 7/8 days to ferment, it did stop bubbling and the hydrometre reading was fine but there was a crust on top, so i went on to the next stage of adding the finings and stirred up the crust......now after 2 days of adding said finings the wine isn`t clear and i`ve got a load of floaty bits in the test jar when taking a sample, so my question is, have i been a bit too hasty and gone on to the next stage before the wine totally finished fermenting, if so is the wine no good now.

What reading did you get?

Did you degass the wine when you added the stabiliser and finings?

What reading did you get?

Did you degass the wine when you added the stabiliser and finings?
Hi Thanks for the reply, when i added the finings and the rest of the kit i stirred it up for a minute or so which broke up the crust. I `ve got the wine in a fermenting bucket which i was going to syphon off into a carboy, if that makes any difference.

To make the wine clear you have to get as much of the CO2 out as you can as it stops it clearing stirring isn't a very good way of doing this have a look at the degassing wine the quick and easy way thread.

To make the wine clear you have to get as much of the CO2 out as you can as it stops it clearing stirring isn't a very good way of doing this have a look at the degassing wine the quick and easy way thread.
Thanks again i`ll take a look.

Back