wine too fruity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqualung

Reaction score
Last year I made some red fruit wines, elderberry, bramble and cherry. They are surprisingly good except everyone tells me they are too fruity. Is it just that they are comparing them to shop bought wine which can be devoid of fruity flavours?

Yeah, country wines can be so different to 'real' wines. Did you use any tannin or acid blend or anything as maybe it's a bit of puckering or lip smacking they're missing.

Last year I made some red fruit wines, elderberry, bramble and cherry. They are surprisingly good except everyone tells me they are too fruity. Is it just that they are comparing them to shop bought wine which can be devoid of fruity flavours?
What do you think?
How can wine be too fruity?
I'll bet that in a couple of years, it's really mellow.

Most people on here (me included) strive to keep the fruit flavours in their country wines that's the whole point, it's not always that easy.
If you do want to reduce the fruity taste make up a cheap £20 - £25 30 bottle red wine kit, bottle it and then use it to blend with your fruit wines.

Latest posts

Back