Wine updates!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That lot looks great but one in particular really stuck out- rosemary mead? How does that taste (apart from rosemary obviously! 😜) is it subtle or a much stronger imparted flavour?

Well done anyway, and look forward to the BBQ invitation!👍

You have good taste manners! It is amazing, only a few weeks old but I can tell it's gonna be great. This is the one that turned black when I first made it, not sure if you've seen that post. It's quite a strong rosemary-honey flavour but not overpowering, just nice. I'd recommend. It's just honey, rosemary, lemon juice and a bit of tannin powder. I must admit the simple brews are the nicest! 😊

You are so organised, and I'm loving how you've labelled everything 😊, a bit of an inspiration really as I'm awful for forgetting just how long I've left things. Good to hear about the rosemary mead, I still haven't had time to get a mead on this year, and the rosemary option sounds really good.

Anna

I have so many ideas it's really difficult choosing what to do next... 😂 the husband was asking if i'd run out of ideas yet. Not ruddy likely! 😅😂
Good that he's encouraging.... I have to gently given notice of when I'm going to be having a brewing day due to the amount of time it takes 😂 ! It is a bit addictive as a hobby, though it's the summer that holds the promise of all sorts of interesting things that can be found in the garden and out on walks to make into wine. Your enthusiasm is thoroughly infectious, brilliant stuff 💕.

Anna

You have good taste manners! It is amazing, only a few weeks old but I can tell it's gonna be great. This is the one that turned black when I first made it, not sure if you've seen that post. It's quite a strong rosemary-honey flavour but not overpowering, just nice. I'd recommend. It's just honey, rosemary, lemon juice and a bit of tannin powder. I must admit the simple brews are the nicest! 😊
Read the thread- very interesting!

If I get some spare time I may give it a go!

Back