Wine with beer equipment?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BridgeBrew

Regular.
Reaction score
Here's a good one for yawl. I've emigrated to Portugal 2 months ago, my brewing equipment mash tuns, boiler, barrels, fermentation fridge is all still in the UK with the rest of our personal belongings. We are shipping everything next month. While here I've been looking for grain suppliers locally with absolutely no luck, we're in central Portugal a city called Tomar. What I want to know is could I utilise my beer equipment to make wine, as there's an abundance of grapes, and we have friends with a small vineyard. For example could I make sparkling wine in a lightly primed pressure barrel ? I really don't wanna drink the lager type freezing cold beer they seem to love over here. Thanks.

could I utilise my beer equipment to make wine, as there's an abundance of grapes, and we have friends with a small vineyard.

I make kit wines and all i use is a FV but making it from scratch from grapes is going to need a lot more work and probably a bit more kit.

Thanks for that Chippy. Think i will stick with this guy, he's a brit, to the point, and uses all the gear i've already got. And you can hear his missus chatting to her mate in the background :)

I keep a separate set of buckets for wine making as all the ones I use for beer smell beery after a few uses and I'm not sure I'd want that flavour in wine. I use the wine buckets for cider as well, consider that to be more like wine in flavour than beer 😄

Latest posts

Back