For my first 'proper' brew I decided to pickup a Winebuddy 30 bottle Merlot kit online. The kit promises drinkable wine in 7 days and true to its word, that's what I got. There's a lot of valuable advice on these forums about leaving the wine to ferment for a few weeks as opposed to the 6 days advised in this kit, but as this was one of my first attempts I thought I'd follow the instructions and then I can tweak it on another run. After 6 days in the FV I took a gravity reading which ended up at just over .990 - so ended up quite a dry wine. Added the finings and flavour sachet, which contrary to most other reviews doesn't taste that bad. After 24 hours the wine was clear a day and was ready to be bottled. In the end I managed to get 20 1L bottles out of the kit, I probably could have an extra 2 bottles but didn't want to risk disturbing the sediment! I was expecting something between 'borderline drinkable' and 'drain cleaner'. While it certainly isn't the best wine in the world, it turned out a lot better than I was expecting it to. You can take a look at how the finished bottles came out: SWMBO and my brother have taken a liking to this wine, so I don't think it'll be lasting very long!