Quantcast

Winter ale

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

gar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuck at 1020 after 3 weeks. I've just given it a stir and moved somewhere a bit warmer. Fingers crossed it gets going again.

DavieC

Regular.
Reaction score
Stuck at 1020
Mine made it to 1016 but didnt go any lower over the next week so I batch primed and bottled.
Haven't had one yet as still carbing but the little taste I had when I was bottling was really good, I'm sure there was hints of raisans,apples cinnamon and liquorice, really tasty.
On offer again at wilko at the moment £15. Great value for a 2 can kit.

parpot

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bottled my second one in four weeks, both finished at 1.019. Quite a few of the first batch have gone, very nice indeed, first one took 26 days and the second 18 days so you just have to wait!

DavieC

Regular.
Reaction score
  1. I never thought of that terrym...:?:
  2. I bottled this beer 18 days ago but after letting it carbonate for 2 weeks couldn't wait any longer for a taste,so after a few days in the cold garage I just had to sample one. Dark plum in colour ,the spice aroma which was strong at bottling has now mostly receeded, leaving just a hint of fruit and cinnamon. The beer itself has a rich mouthfeel with dark fruits,plum,liquorice and almost oak and rum flavours(maybe I imagined the rum?), its delicious, but because the flavours are so well balanced nothing overpowers anything else. Its a great tasting,well rounded porter style ale,mine came out at 5.2% and I'll definitely be doing this kit again.athumb..athumb..athumb..IMG_20191208_125250.jpg

DavieC

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Pete9586, The offers at Wilko seem to be on for a few days then gone.

nige

Regular.
Reaction score
Yes I didn't see the picture looks very dark like stout, if it's good and quick I may chuck one on. Ta