Wishin' and Hoppin'....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 43495

Regular.
Reaction score
A heading for all the Burt Bacharach fans out there.

At some point, perhaps early next year now, I would like to buy some 5 kg pockets of whole hops. Brew shops, either brick or ether, require one pays silly money in my view. I propose the following varieties; Challenger, Bramling X, Goldings and Northern Brewer. If anyone wishes to meet in person for the handover of their hops that's fine by me and would mean that postage does not impinge on the savings made. I would be happy to bag them up or you can send me your own bags if you wish. I cannot do vac packs so you would have to do your own thing. I keep mine in the cellar in their foil pockets and have never had any issues. As a rough guide I anticipate the cost of a pocket of 5 kg to be in the region of £55 which makes it excellent value. Maybe at this stage anyone potentially interested could register so without obligation of course so that I can gauge if it's going to be on or not. I am happy to collect them as I do travel to the midlands from time to time.

I'd be interested where are you based?
Near Newtown Powys, mid Wales, but I do go to the west mids from time to time and would be in Worcestershire when buying the hops. I could courier what you want which might be more cost effective than using RM or you making a special journey.

Last edited:
Update: prices per kg inc VAT for 2020 whole hops. Price also includes a small sum factored in to allow for the cost of either me driving to collect or having them delivered:-

Challenger = £13.10
Bramling X = £14.02
EK Goldings = £14.20
Northern Brewer = £15.00

I will have available to share out 2.5kg from each pocket.

If anyone wants please let me know asap. Prices don't include carriage but if we arrange to meet up at a mutually convenient time and place it's just a matter of a simple hand over.

Back