Women in the US lose the right to abortion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad thing about this is those that can afford to go elsewhere to have an abortion will and the ones who cannot are going to have to bring up a child in poverty.

One big company has already said if any of their employees finds themselves in this situation they will fly them to the nearest place where they can have an abortion and they will pay for all expenses.

As reported by ITV news:

‘For almost 50 years pregnant people in the US have had the legal right to an abortion, which was laid out in the 1973 Roe v Wade court case.’

Pregnant people? I thought only women can get pregnant……

There is a suggestion that the Supreme Court should reconsider contraception and LGBTQ+ rights too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna35228
Although what needs to be understood here is that they’re not removing rights, they’re instead saying that these decisions should be at state level, rather than federal (national) level, as there is nothing in the constitution that confers these rights.

But then this was just the first stitch that needed to be unpicked if you wanted to entirely ban abortion.

For all it’s held up to be, I do wonder if the US constitution causes more issues than it solves. It’s become an immutable document (despite 33 amendments) where people argue over what it meant, rather than addressing what society really needs.

As reported by ITV news:

‘For almost 50 years pregnant people in the US have had the legal right to an abortion, which was laid out in the 1973 Roe v Wade court case.’

Let's not get all American about this- women are people, too!

Pregnant people? I thought only women can get pregnant…

I guess they are not allowed to say women as they will be accused of being anti LGBT.

Wasn't life so much simpler when you heard those abbreviations and you thought LG made telly's and BT looked after your phone line.

Last edited:
I am listening to 5 live breakfast podcast while I wait for SWMBO to return from the shops and the American correspondent said they are looking to take this forward and have a blanket ban accreoss the whole of America.

It’s not pro-life, it’s anti-woman.
The woman is forced to give birth, whether she has the means to raise that child or not.
And once she has given birth there very little in the way of support for her or the child, meaning that if she doesn’t have a supportive family/partner or significant savings, they’re both going to struggle in life from there on.
Land of the free. Lol.
Agreed. Wonder if the law was passed by affluent middle class people with no money worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing about this is those that can afford to go elsewhere to have an abortion will and the ones who cannot are going to have to bring up a child in poverty.

One big company has already said if any of their employees finds themselves in this situation they will fly them to the nearest place where they can have an abortion and they will pay for all expenses.
The CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods put out a memo saying the company would reimburse any employee up to $4,000 for expenses to travel out of state for medical care.

All three of the supreme court judges nominated by trump said under oath while being questioned before they were appointed that Roe v Wade was established law that they would uphold.
Sounds like perjury to.me.

All three of the supreme court judges nominated by trump said under oath while being questioned before they were appointed that Roe v Wade was established law that they would uphold.
Sounds like perjury to.me.

Not under oath, I think. But that's what they told Susan Collins.

But hey, liars lie. Hold the front page! Kavanaugh and his ilk are complete scumbags.

As reported by ITV news:

Not any more, In fact this decision will deny men the right to have an abortion.

Latest posts

Back