Woodford Wherry - first brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewsbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have started my first brew of Woodforde Wherry and just wanted to ask how much beer enhancer I should put in at second fermentation please? It’s a 1kg bag and I have brewed 40 pints of Wherry. I can’t wait to try it!
Thank you

I usually brew the werry as it is its a 2 can brew I don't usually add anything follow the instructions and you will end up with a decent brew, your brew enchancer should of gone at the start of the brew so save it for your next brew hope this helps.

Your "second fermentation" is the sugar you need to add for making the beer fizzy (carbonation) in the keg or bottles you put it in. Also known as priming sugar. Standard white sugar is fine for this.
Your beer enhancer,as said ,will be great to add to your next brew but you can get away with a "single can" kit for this. So you're a step ahead and quids in already!

Thank you all for your help, the Wherry is all gone now so that's a good sign. Great taste and i will do again at some point, my only thing is that it did not have much head retention, but i probably starting drinking it to early ;)

I also started a mangrove jack citra ipa that is ready to keg in 3 days, the instructions only give sugar measurements for bottling (1/2 tsp per bottle). How much sugar would you guys put into the keg for priming please? Again it will be 23 litres of ipa

Thank you all for your help, the Wherry is all gone now so that's a good sign. Great taste and i will do again at some point, my only thing is that it did not have much head retention, but i probably starting drinking it to early ;)

I also started a mangrove jack citra ipa that is ready to keg in 3 days, the instructions only give sugar measurements for bottling (1/2 tsp per bottle). How much sugar would you guys put into the keg for priming please? Again it will be 23 litres of ipa
I find that 140g of brewing sugar is perfect for an IPA as priming sugar.

Latest posts

Back