Woodforde Nog.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo77

Reaction score
I’ve started a thread for Nog as link appears to be broken to older one.
After my 1st homebrew kit woodforde Wherry, turned out so well i couldn’t wait to get started
On Woodforde Nog. Especially when fellow brewers mentioned in the same sentence as Hobgoblin,
my favourite dark ale.
Started ferment on 10/5/20. Og 1044
Day 13 filled Trial jar, what a lovely smell reminded me a bit of Mcewans Best scotch, hydro reading was 1015 Decided to leave it longer.
Day 14 appears to have dropped nearer to 1014. I’m going to leave it for a few more day to see if drops a bit.
As on current readings it would only be 4% not the 4.5 i hoped for.
This promises to be a lovely pint.
Finally Bottled on day 18. Hydrometer reading of 1014. Abv of 3.9%.
Had a sneak taster lovely, can’t wait for this to finish conditioning.
Batch primed with 100g granulated sugar.
Managed 40 bottles of Nog excellent as half the bottles are 550ml Newkie Brown bottles.
Will update after conditioning.
Next beer kit in the pipeline is
St. Peter’s Golden Ale or their Ipa which I have arriving soon.

Attachments

• 4B2916D7-6E9F-424A-B133-7941F61CFD97.jpeg
    4B2916D7-6E9F-424A-B133-7941F61CFD97.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
My Nog started at 1.044 and ended after 17 days in the FV at 1.010 4.5% bang on what the instructions said. It is a really great old fashion English ale, very drinkable.

Used to like this kit, done it a few times in days past but not recently. It's pretty good.

Will have to revisit when thoughts turn to darker autumnal / winter beers.

I've just finished brewing nog and it's just about barrel ready. I've had a taste and it's the best kit I've brewed so far. Woodfords appear to be very reliable and therefore worth buying.

Latest posts

Back