Woodfordes Admiral Reserve Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just discovered a 5 litre keg of AR at the back of my booze locker. One that l brewed back in September...WOW.....WOW..... and WOW again!! As most people say, it's well worth the wait - if you can keep your mits off it. Fabulous...just fabulous!!!

Just discovered a 5 litre keg of AR at the back of my booze locker. One that l brewed back in September...WOW.....WOW..... and WOW again!! As most people say, it's well worth the wait - if you can keep your mits off it. Fabulous...just fabulous!!!

Just done a fg check on mine after 14 days in the fv. It stands at 1012 and calculates out at 5.51 abv which is right for the kit. There is however still a little fv lid pressure so I've given it a gentle stir with a sterilised paddle to see if I can get it to drop any further. Taste wise it's got a nice bitterness which lingers and dark fruit and malt. It is also quite clear.

Cheers

Clint

8 weeks in the bottle.....dark fruit and smooth malt and a pleasant alcohol kick to boot...very pleased. Next outing...when I finish for Christmas!

Cheers

Clint

8 weeks in the bottle.....dark fruit and smooth malt and a pleasant alcohol kick to boot...very pleased. Next outing...when I finish for Christmas!

Cheers

Clint

On the strength of your experience, I decided to try my latest AR. Made it in August and corny'd it. More or less just as you say, smooth, full bodied, malt & fruity. I thought of saltanas, next pint - christmas. :thumb:

Back