Woodfordes Nog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel Ford

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm bottling my Woodfordes Nog this Sunday, it's been I primary for 10 days and finished fermentation, and was wondering how much spray malt to use, any ideas please everyone

@Nigel Ford
Don't bother with spray malt, it doesn't dissolve very well cold and any change in flavour to your beer will be virtually unnoticeable. Use ordinary table sugar, its cheap, easy to handle and predictable. About half teaspoon per 500ml bottle should suit the style. Or if you want something a bit more detailed use this
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
And between now and Sunday if your beer has definitely finished put it in a cold place if you have one to help drop the yeast so you are bottling clearer beer.

@Nigel Ford
Don't bother with spray malt, it doesn't dissolve very well cold and any change in flavour to your beer will be virtually unnoticeable. Use ordinary table sugar, its cheap, easy to handle and predictable. About half teaspoon per 500ml bottle should suit the style. Or if you want something a bit more detailed use this
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
And between now and Sunday if your beer has definitely finished put it in a cold place if you have one to help drop the yeast so you are bottling clearer beer.
Thanks 4 Yr advise

My Nog is at 1.013 now after 7 days in FV is it OK to prime and bottle now or wait a until Sunday and do another reading, still cloudy but tastes nice(had a sample taste from test jar) any advise please folks

You are correct in wanting to wait further and take another reading to ensure your fg is reached and fermentation has ended.
Good practice and it won't harm if you leave it another week to let the yeast clean up.

is it a kit such as Woodfordes Nog because I am sure there are plenty that have brewed that on this forum

Good luck but it does sound as its ok to me just check the hydrometer to see if its stable for 3 days. I have never had the nog so do not know if it is meant to have a full bodied sweet finish as some English stronger ales do so 13 points sounds as it may be there or there abouts if it is of that type

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back